WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Soft Pastel Learning Center
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:35 AM
Lincolnshire countryside, UK

Hails from England
The Goal Post - May 2017

Welcome to the Goal Post. Goal setting is a very good tool to help people get organized. If you write or post your thoughts, you are more committed and have a better chance of reaching those goals.

Your goals can be short term or long term. They can be daily, weekly, monthly or annual goals. Goals are personal, so everybody's goals will be different. They are your goals, so you can do what ever you want.

Come join the regular gang and get encouragement to help you reach your goals. We have a very friendly group and we are always looking for new people to join us.

Feel free to share links or images of goals achieved or in progress, those are always fun and people like cheering them on.
Regards, Deirdre (Always pleased to get C&Cs!)[b] Don't forget - comment on other threads in the forum as well as posting your own work - also, we encourage you to post WIPs, they help others to learn as well as you.
Moderator Pastels Getting started in Soft Pastels Uploading Images
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States
Re: The Goal Post - May 2017

Holy Moly....Where is everyone.....I know I have been occupied with other (less pleasant) things...but I'm hoping everyone is well and just into Spring-y things.

I do have one photo in mind to do...that is my one goal for this month. If more come from that, even better....but gonna go slow, as I've been away so long...

C&C always welcomed and appreciated
JudiB
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-09-2017, 02:13 PM

Judi,

My goal for this month is to keep up with my windows/doors/gates challenge (one mini a week on the topic) and to set my summer painting goals, since I realized that I can't just PAINT ALL THE THINGS!

I've been blessed to have some unexpected time to paint extra outside the challenge, too.

If anyone is interested, they can see my challenge work by searching this hashtag on Facebook : #eljpaint2017

shallbe
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Mississippi

Hails from United States

Hi everyone!

Yay!! I cannot tell you how happy I am to be back, and to see everything still going as it was when I left a little over two years ago! I picked up my pastels for the first time today in well over a year, and even though I need much improvement to get back to where I was, I'm so excited and eager to get back into it! I see so many familiar names here! Don't know if y'all remember me, but y'all were such HUGE encouragements to me back then, and I'm really looking forward to getting back into it now!

So... my goals for this month...

-Find all my paper!!
-Participate in this month's spotlight
-See how many unfinished paintings I have and decide which ones I'm going to finish.
-Paint at least one more additional pastel painting.
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-22-2017, 07:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

Hi Shallbe and Keepinpure...

Looks like a pretty slow month here, but glad to see you both back. I remember your name, Keepingpure, so happy you are painting again.
Sad to say,k I have been 'off' for a couple of months now,.. a lot of medical issues have plagued me...and will be away the first week in June...but do hope to get back to painting after that.
Hoping you both achieve your goals...

JudiB
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2017, 05:18 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Sorry I didn't even really get online much during April and May. I was out of it for reasons of weather, offline time and other commitments. Had a few logistic problems with my chair and desk too that hampered my spending time online.

I had one goal for May: Finish the two Champion Scrolls before Crown List (ideally) or at least before Tournament of Champions. Next week is Tournament of Champions. I got the Yeoman scroll (archery champion) done before Crown List, which I got to attend and had a wonderful time at. Turned in that one and came back all revved up to do the more difficult Sentry stroll. Sentry was harder because it had more text and the text was in Blackletter, which is much harder for me than Uncial. Celtic lettering is super easy, I've been doing it all my life. Blackletter is what most people think of as Olde English lettering, it's hard and fancy and really looks like calligraphy when done well.

I done it. Finished it today. All that's left is hunting down some Krystal Seal bags to package it so my friend Soteira who's coming by on Thursday can carry it with her to Tournament of Champions.

I also found out that when I have a project with lots and lots of time, literally more than two months at the time I volunteered to do these, that I procrastinate horribly but wind up procrastinating on everything else too since I ought to be working on The Project. That was dumb. Next time I'm doing the Project right away and then just relax and paint what I want to.

Next Saturday is also Pastel in Johannes class and I am sooo tempted to paint along with it. Saw the sketch and reference photos and it's a nice landscape... very tempting!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Lord of the Arts
New England

Hails from United States

So happy to hear from you, Rob....and that you have been working on your scrolls, which I am following on Facebook.

this has been Medical Month for me...hopefully coming to an end soon. I really do want to get back to painting in June.

I guess Jim never did get back in...? Anybody heard from or about him at all?
I do hope everything is ok with him....

JudiB
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2017, 02:50 PM
A WC! Legend
San Francisco, CA

Hails from United States

Yesterday evening I handed over the scroll in its Ticket Holder archival plastic envelope to my friend Soteira, so today it's actually on the road destined for the new Champion Sentry to be decided at the Tournament of Champions. I don't feel bad about posting it first, maybe it'll be inspiring to any axe and knife throwers at the competition! Likewise the Yeoman archery award. It was fun doing prizes for a real contest.

Judy, that sounds totally miserable. I hope you do get back to painting in June and knock over the health problems.

Jim had problems logging in, his old passwords didn't work and he had trouble getting a new one, he kept emailing and I connected him with admins but he eventually gave up, I think. I miss him a lot. He was doing okay in life but pretty fed up with delays and experiments that didn't work.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting