Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Portrait Of Joan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    libra

This is actually a portrait of me, I was ready to draw and this is the one that was convenient, This was done with colored pencil on strathmore paper. It measures about 11″ x 14″.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan
        carolkay

lovely work of a lovely lady !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
            libra

Aww, thanks Carol! I am finding it hard to get in the mood to draw. We had to rearrange our house and my drawing board and work area is now off the kitchen. There is alot of activity there, it’s not like I can retreat to my quiet studio. One of our kids (actually 38 yrs old) was thinking of temporarily living at home, so my studio became a bedroom. Oh well, I shall make it.

kentiessen

Well done! Often the circumstance of creating falls into less comfortable areas- plein-air is one that comes to mind. Bugs, rain, wind, etc., It is character building, as it can be said. You will overcome!

Ken Tiessen

www.KenTiessenArt.com
                    Comments or Critiques welcomed...always!

This is a great portrait, Joan! Smiles are tricky and you have made it look effortless.
                    I draw/paint myself regularly- it can be a challenge. I have in the past set up 2 mirrors so that I paint myself from life- and many times from photos.
                    Feel free to add to the self portrait “self portraits- join in the fun” thread at the top of the Portrait forum page.

bethany
                    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                    website www.bethanyart.com
                    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

carolkay

Well Joan – you have the right attitude. But it’s can see how the circumstances could be distracting ! Love yr work !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                        libra

Thank you so much Carole, Ken and Bethany. I figure as long as I am still creating, that is what counts. Being so close to kitchen, I have to keep a towel handy to clean unwanted crumbs off my hands before touching paper :)

bobbymac

Great work Joan, and a good looking lady!

libra

Thanks Moises, it’s wonderful to have compliments like that.

maryinasia

this is beautiful

123harry

A fine drawing.
                                            Your portraits are always lifelike, they always look like real people. This one is no exception . I like your down to earth, workmanlike approach too, coping with crumbs and domestic life generally and coming through smiling!
                                            Oddly enough when I first opened the post I thought of the late Victoria Wood who had an extraordinary ability to observe everyday life and relate it humourously.

C&C always welcome.
                                            Instagram harry.hamill

AllisonR

Nice smile! I like how the hair is drawn.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                                                libra

Thank you so much 123 Harry, that was a nice compliment. Course now I am going to have to look up Victoria Wood.
                                                    Thank you Mary and Allison!

jonc50

Nice work; and now you are closer to the snacking area!! I have to go up stairs then back down for refreshments…just enough time for the paint to dry…if I don’t get sidetracked.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.