Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Monthly P&I challenge: March

• This topic has 103 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Helen.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our forum challenge for March 2019 in which we continue our encouragement to Draw from Life!

Let’s capture our own personal and individual moments and share them here on this thread!

All suggestions/subjects/themes come from those who participate!:lol:

** As you post your own drawing in this thread, please then also suggest ONE subject/topic for next month. One entry = One suggestion for the following month …. another entry? – another suggestion!:)

By the end of the month we should have a range of ideas from which you can choose – and please do feel free to discuss any of the suggestions raised: who knows, you may even start keeping your own private list for future ideas!**

One important ruleEntries must be at least 75% pen and ink[/SIZE] in any colour – and wash or colour may be added.[/COLOR]

Your topics for this month are …..

Patterns in nature

a radio

something you were about to throw away

shoes

what travel means to you

decadent

stuffed animal

the oldest item in the room

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Anonymous

Quick sketch of a table radio made by Bendix Aviation in the mid ’40s (I used to work for Bendix in the ’80s-’90s). This little guy belonged to my Mother-in-law and it still works fine and sounds great!
        Approx. 5×8″ on HP watercolor paper. Uni-Ball pens with a bit of help from a carbon ink wash and a Pentel brush pen.

Next month: Favorite artist’s tool

laika

Nice piece to get the ball rolling for March! From those highlights, I’m getting an impression of shiny Bakelite – am I correct?

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
            - Otto Rank

Anonymous

Yes sir Lamar, dark brown bakelite.

Potterspink

Ah, if I could get my washes as smooth as that I’d be a happy bunny. Nice one John.
                    Potters

Triduana

John I just love that radio :)

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

John, that’s an impressive portrayal of the material as well as a good drawing of the radio.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Bill

Nice one, John. They made things to last back then.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Anonymous

Thanks, Bill! Nothing like the warm glow of tubes when you turn on a radio! ;-)

Potterspink

For patterns in nature I’ve drawn three shells from my small shell collection. I’ve used a uni pen 0.1, Noodlers black ink and Winsor and Newton Peat Brown Ink. At least they couldn’t be taken off to be used for tea like my last month’s tomatoes were. My suggestion for next month is bags of any discription.
                                    Potters

Anonymous

Nice, Potters! :thumbsup:

Very nice shells Potters.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Suggestions for next month –

Favourite artist’s tool

Bags – of any description

a sign of Spring

Cheers, Maureen

laika

Very nice, Potters! That would look good in a frame.

What sort of pen is your uni?

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                                            - Otto Rank

Potterspink

Thanks John and Maureen I’m really enjoying trying the subjects suggested, there are some good topics to get stuck into.
                                                Potters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.