Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals The Cappuccino Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sonia

Back in September I started a new sketchbook – the Cappuccino Book from Hahnemuehle. It’s similar in format to the Grey Book I have now finished, but in a lovely coffee colour. I am not sure whether I have posted any of these sketches on this forum yet (most of the early pages were done for Inktober so those were posted elsewhere).

Here is an attempt to catch up.

An outing to a National Trust property – Buscot Park

An Urban Sketchers meet at a Community Cafe

A sketch meeting in a tiny railwayman’s cottage – preserved as a museum in Brunel’s Railway Village.

Joan T

I like this cappuccino color to the page. That last sketch of the bedroom looks perfect on this toned paper…sort of sepia for an antique look!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Sonia

Thanks Joan.

Our January Urban Sketchers meeting was in a local shopping mall. A friend and I opted for the “open” cafe area in the centre of the ground floor. I was hoping to practice some figure sketching, but everyone was moving too fast for me! I did more chatting than drawing, but managed this snowman character in a toyshop window and then my friend and I drew each other.

I’ve been very lax with my sketchbook practice since Christmas – must get back into the habit.

eyepaint

Happy New Year! What a fantastic sketch of your friend :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Nice snowman and sketch of your friend.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Delofasht

Nice work, really like the sketch of your friend there. The color of the paper is really wonderful, a nice light mid tone color, white really pops on it.

- Delo Delofasht
                            Triduana

I spent a weekend in Swindon a couple of years ago and really enjoyed looking around the railway museum and the cottages. I like your sketches, especially the cottage interior. The kinetic sculpture interests me too. It looks really nice paper, I like the tone.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Sonia

Thanks Eyepaint, Joan, Delo and Kay. Yes, I really like this colour, my favourite I think, although I enjoyed using the Hahnemuhle Grey Book as well. I have got a bit behind with my sketching this month – must get back into the habit!

vhere

It does look a nice colour and interesting sketches of the railway museum. I prefer the warmer colour Nova to the grey (though I do like it as well)

KaySilver

A nice variety of sketches there. I still haven’t tried tinted papers yet. It’s on my ‘to try’ list for this year!

Sonia

Thanks Vivien and Claudia. Look forward to seeing your work on tinted paper Claudia – it certainly prompted me to experiment more with my sketches.

Very impressive, Sonia! I love the color of the new sketchbook. It is nice to get back into the sketching routine.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Meisie

Love the warm colour of the sketchbook paper. Makes it look ‘vintage’ :) so perfectly suited -especially- to the railwayman’s cottage sketch! (love it)

Charne
                                                    Website & Blog - Reflections
                                                    Prints

Sonia

Thanks Kay and Charne. Still getting a bit behind on this one!

otherworlder

Lovely sketches! They look especially warm and whimsical on this paper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.