Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art January 2019, Challenge and Small Talk

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author

Happy New Year!

Come join us! You can use the following photos to create a piece of art and then share it with us in this thread or simply come in and have a chat, comment on the artworks, show us what you’re up to or share your own snapshots.

The guidelines for the Challenge are simple.

All works must be within the size guidelines of the Miniature forum.

You can use any medium with the exception of photography. Digital art is welcome.

All schools of painting from abstract to realism are welcome.

You may crop, edit, combine or alter the images in any way you’d like.
    Please tell us the medium, size and support when you share your images.

Artists of all levels of expertise are encouraged and welcome.

Thank you to all the members who contribute to the Reference Image Library (RIL)[/URL].

Be creative and enjoy!

If you would like to host a month, please pm Virginia (vmrs).

A baby for the brand new year..
    baby ellie by paloma

This guy kind of has a Father Time vibe
    Gunslinger by StratoArt

Georgetown SC by EdgarW

Stormy Skies, West Texas by KreativeK

Distant storm over Lake Erie 4 by Lisa Olivarez

Candy[/URL] from Pixabay

[/URL]
    Fruit Plate[/URL] from Pexel

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Happy New Year Virginia, hope it brings good things to you. Love all the photos and hope to get some done.

LIL

Thank you Lil! I hope this year is a wonderful for you as well. :)

Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Happy New Year to you all!
    Some good ones I see, now to choose.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CinderellaG

Great photos and they are calling to me! First though to put away Christmas and clean my studio. But you will be seeing me in this challenge. Thanks for all of your time and effort that I know you put into this Virginia! Happy New Year!

Cindy G.

Took me all day to put away Christmas! Funny how bigy living room looks without a tree in it!

Find me on Instagram
        Find me on Facebook

SunFace

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great New Year! :wave:

Great pictures. That baby is ultra cute!

C & C are always welcome so I can grow as an artist.

My website.

Hi Maria, Cindy, Kay! Nice to see you all.

I’m home with a bit of a cold thing so I did the baby with graphite, it’s mostly 2H and 3B with a bit of 6B for the dark darks and 6H for the light lights. this is about 4×5 inches.

I stopped when I started overworking it, made the eyes too dark, I need to go back to basics and practice faces and figures more. I’ve always tended to overwork babies, a bad habit. I’m pretty happy with this overall though.

Excuse the lousy photo, normally I’d go outside and take a better one but I’m in my pajamas. (I like to pretend my neighbours haven’t seen me out in my pajamas and boots in the middle of the afternoon but the reality is…they’ve all seen that before. :D)

I also did a super quick sketch (about 2-3 minutes) with a pen, it’s a 4 inch square, I’m going to do a painting too but wanted to change the composition a bit. I moved the fisherman over and put a rod in his hands to see if I like it better, and I do so I will use this to paint. Always a good idea to do a quick pre-painting sketch. If I was going to change the colors, I would color it in using watercolor or pencil crayons (colored pencils).

Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

By the way, if anyone wants to host a month let me know, or if you don’t want to host but do have a photo you’d like to share, please go ahead and do so. :)

Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

SoCalDan

4″x3″ done in standard #2 pencil on paper.
                I’ve never really tried to draw glass so I thought I would challenge myself. Not a great finished product but I thought I would post it anyway. I’m not much into duplicating or realism. But it’s a fun challenge!
                I will probably try a couple more before the month is over…and maybe throw some paint at this one and see what happens😀

SoCalDan

Virginia,
                    Great job on the baby…people are my nemesis! I think I will try this one as well :) Also I am very impressed by your 2 minute sketch and like your change to the fisherman!. I look forward to seeing it painted

Virginia – lovely little face. Your quick sketch is well done.
                    Dan – great going with the glass. A challenging reference.

Christel

Dan, that looks so good. You’re brave to tackle that one! Can’t wait to see it with some paint too.

Thank you both for the lovely comments. :)

Find me on Instagram
                    Find me on Facebook

4×6 pen on wc. In retrospect, I think I should have rather used the pen first

Christel

bikegrinch

Hi all, thought I’d have a go at the gunslinger.

This is watercolour pencil and graphite on paper, ACEO / ATC size. I’m pretty happy how it turned out.

Cheers
                        Tony

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.