WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 05:46 AM
Enthusiast

Re: bankruptcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Russell
Two decades. Things change. Nothing lasts forever.

A saying that is incorrect. Energy lasts forever

Energy converts from one form to the other. It has been going on for the last 13–14 billion years.

It would be better to say Nothing in its present form lasts forever. As long as the community 'Adapts'. (Darwinism) it will survive. 20 years of energy has a lot of potential.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Administrator
Where ever I go..there I am

Hails from United States

As of today, WC is business as usual according to F+W manager, Courtney Jordan.

ETA: March 18

Quote:
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that it is business as usual and that the company is not shutting down. Hope you are all well and apologies for any delay.

Thanks,

Courtney
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:18 PM
Enthusiast
Monterey Bay area, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffless
A saying that is incorrect. Energy lasts forever. Energy converts from one form to the other. It has been going on for the last 13–14 billion years. ...
Actually, no. When energy is released in the form of electromagnetic radiation, gravitational waves, or anything else that propagates at the speed of light, it is permanently "lost" to its place of origin. That is, noting can catch up to that energy and retrieve it in any form. Now, it is possible that the radiated energy will be captured by something else, and converted to something that travels at less than the speed of light, which will become available to the original source; or the energy may be reflected to the original source. But in many cases, the energy simply radiates away to the distant universe, and never appears again in any form. Even though the energy is out there somewhere, it no longer influences the local universe.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast
Monterey Bay area, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises Menendez
Can someone tell me how to save my threads, please?
See here.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-19-2019, 03:59 PM
Austria, Graz

Hails from Austria

terrible news. Very very bad... This forum is one of the largest archives of informations...
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-20-2019, 12:36 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Linda, Mal3, we just don't know what's going to happen. Will WC be sold along with the rest of the F&W assets? Will the parent company be broken up? Will WC find an independent buyer? Or will our worst fears come true? Right now I think the best approach may be Hope for the Best, but Prepare for the Worst Mode until we get solid news of what will happen.

For those who aren't willing to risk privacy violations with FaceBook, here's one more option for making sure we can keep in touch: https://www.reddit.com/r/WetCanvasTalk

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 03-20-2019 at 12:40 AM.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-21-2019, 10:48 AM
A Local Legend
Washington state

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises Menendez
Can someone tell me how to save my threads, please?
Moises, the approach Doug (Yorky) suggested may work fine for you, but you can also save threads as pdfs. Many browsers have a "Save to pdf" function now, often found in the "File" menu. If you don't see it there, another way may be to select "Print," and then see if there's a "Print to pdf" function.

ADDITIONAL OPTIONS: The approach above would be used if you want to save the entire thread, which is what I've done for many of my threads in the Tech forum, so I can refer back to info provided in them if needed in the future. I adjusted (in my personal "Options" menu), the thread length to 40 replies, but on occasion, you may have to save the second page if it's a very long thread.

If you want to save only one post, such as one that contains an image of your work, you can click on the post number (it'll be "1" if it's a thread you started) up in the right hand corner and then when a page with that post only opens, save it as a pdf (or html if you'd like, using "Save As" in the file menu). It's preferable, in my view, to save files as pdfs rather than html, but your mileage may differ.

“Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.”
― Sir Thomas Browne

Last edited by AnnieA : 03-21-2019 at 10:58 AM.