WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2019, 03:27 PM
Immortalized
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter F+W Media Files for Bankruptcy

ADMIN ETA: March 18

Quote:
Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that it is business as usual and that the company is not shutting down. Hope you are all well and apologies for any delay.

Thanks,

Courtney

Ok, this is very off topic, but I haven't seen any chatter here about this, and I thought it might be of interest to the artists here. Plus the figure forum is one of my favourite places, and I would hate to see it evaporate.

F+W Media, the owner of WetCanvas, looks to be going under, which means this site could disappear rather quickly. There's a thread in the Cafe discussing this, and what to do next.

The Cafe is here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
and the specific thread is here:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show....php?t=1463050
Now back to work!

Cheers;
Chris
The primary palette: Attention, observation, memory, imagination, integration, execution
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:03 PM

Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: F+W Media Files for Bankruptcy

He, Thank you for reporting it, I didn't know. It would be really bad, really sad to miss the forum,
unfortunately I only discovered it in August (looking for a place where I could learn as much as possible, share this passion, finally post my every sketch or future drawing) but it would be almost like suddenly being homeless, it would be terrible to lose it.
**Once discovered I could not believe my eyes and I am exploring almost exclusively only 2 sections but they are a gold mine, a world, and with all the forums, there is everything, anyone who loves any form of art can only love wetcavans .
I also believe it is a fantastic aggregator, over the years so many artists have confronted each other here.
I hope first of all that the communities that have been created over time, the wonderful people who found a way to meet and get to know each other in wetcavens remain in contact.
Of course I don't even want to think that all the drawings, the posts for example of this forum are lost, it is full of so many masterpieces that just opening any page adjusts your day and you would spend hours browsing. offers so many resources to study and learn wetcavans that it would be absurd to lose it.
I signed up at the end of August and my only regret and not having arrived many years before but I would not even think about a future without wetcavans, I hope this site will be safeguarded which is wonderful.

It is not that it can also be posted on

Drawing and Sketching,
I wouldn't want to steal your time, just if it's possible at a time to propose it again that there are still no references there,
or authorize right to link it in a post with the same object.
sorry, thanks again
I'm sorry because I didn't think of anything like this that this site hosts wonderful people and artists and works that make it a place that should only receive praise and recognition, certainly not risking to close (sometimes things seem to go backwards).
A warm greeting
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:32 PM
Immortalized
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada
Re: F+W Media Files for Bankruptcy

No problem Joe, it just took a few seconds.
Re. the posts and particularly the images - if anyone doesn't have copies of their own, it's probably a good idea to back them up to your own media.
This all may blow over, but judging by the thread in the Cafe, things don't look great.

Cheers;
Chris
The primary palette: Attention, observation, memory, imagination, integration, execution
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:27 PM

caldwell.brobeck thank you,
I thank you very much for that.
thanks also for the suggestion as well as for the initial report. so I see then at least on those discussions that I had found on forum figures and saved in the favorites but of which I had not noted anything, it was n 5 or 6 posts with references or tips to practice.
I also have to look for discussions about what was considered cheating ..
* the links of the tutorials that I had begun to follow on drawing etc comuqnue hopefully good, wetcavans hosts forums as a forum figure which is a place that you all have made truly exceptional.is something so beautiful and the network that has been created would deserve the best possible a warm greeting
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 02:26 AM
A Local Legend
Gretton

Hails from United Kingdom

Sounds ominous. It would be a great pity if the site shut down. Thanks for posting this.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 09:26 AM
WC! Guide

I think we should prepare for this with a Facebook page just in case. I'll put one up tomorrow when I'm back in the gallery
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-17-2019, 02:18 PM
Immortalized
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Hails from Canada
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: F+W Media Files for Bankruptcy

123Harry - it's a little worrisome, but WC has pretty decent traffic numbers so the name itself is worth something, but of course the big value of the site is in its artists. Financially it should be viable, especially if F+W can find someone with moderately deep pockets who enjoys herding cats

DavidHH - There's 2 WC sites currently on FB:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/8261452636/
and
https://www.facebook.com/WetCanvas/

I think they are both now run through F+W; Doug Elliott - aka the WC moderator known as Yorky - AFAIK pretty much ran the first until recently. I'm not too certain what's going on there as I rarely use Facebook.

There's a sticky thread put up by Jon in the Cafe where some people are listing possible fallback pages should worse comes to worst. and there's also the original thread on the F+W problems.

For those familiar with Reddit, I've put up a similar page there:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WetCanvasTalk/

Also, for those of you with close ties to others on WC, it's probably a good idea to exchange email addresses so you can stay in touch if WC should abruptly close up. The likelihood of that is small, but corporate behaviour in bankruptcy isn't always predictable.

Cheers;
Chris
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-18-2019, 09:56 AM
WC! Guide

Chris I dont think either of those facebook sites do much. One is mainly for advertising. I may start one just for the figure but I know there are others for that. I guess we all in 'wait and see' mode. I appreciate the reddit page