WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-25-2019, 07:14 PM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States
Printout of texts

I often watch the TV Judge Judy, and quite often a litigant will offer as some sort of proof of some conversation, several sheets of texted messages, presumably from a simple cell phone.

Now, while I can easily transfer photos from my cell phone to my computer, and then to my printer, I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to transfer text messages either directly to my printer, or to my computer, with the goal of printing them out from my computer.

Since most of these people who show up on "Judge Judy" seem about as dumb as a rock, I feel that I must be dumber than a rock, considering that I haven't as yet discovered how to print out text messages from my phone.

Does anyone have simple answers for doing such printing (hopefully ones that do not involve the downloading of expensive "apps")?

Just thought I'd ask.

Well, I just "Googled" how to do that, and I followed each step of this menu:

Step 1: Go to the Message app on your iPhone, and open the conversation that you want to print. Step 2: Tap and hold the message you want to print to get various options (copy, forward, speak, and more). Select the "Copy" option to copy the contents of the text to the clipboard. You can also select multiple messages.

Everything went well until I selected the "Copy" option to copy the contents of the text to the clipboard. .......Errrrr,.....what, and where is the "clipboard" on my iphone? This leads to my original question, once more: How can I print said text message from my phone?

Last edited by WFMartin : 02-25-2019 at 07:34 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2019, 03:27 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Printout of texts

It's true the text messaging apps don't have a print option, but I just did a Google search and found several apps and videos on printing out text messages. In the past, I have simply photographed the phone screen.

Doug
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2019, 06:22 PM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States

I dunno'.....There's just gotta' be something more simple than that, and I can't imagine that all those folks who appear on Judge Judy are using another phone just to take photos of the text messages on the first phone......Nawwww..

There has just got to be a simple, straightforward method of printing out text messages from an Apple iphone. I see evidence of that being done quite routinely, and I can't seem to find anyone who knows how to do it.

Last edited by WFMartin : 02-26-2019 at 06:25 PM.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2019, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast

Totally free. Easy to install and will do what you want.

https://www.syncios.com/how-to/how-t...-messages.html
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2019, 08:51 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Oregon

Hails from United States

Screen shots & Air print, or Google cloud print... no added apps to install...

https://www.howtogeek.com/269206/how...-conversation/

https://www.wikihow.tech/Print-Text-...droid-for-Free

Last edited by ~JMW~ : 02-28-2019 at 09:02 PM.
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2019, 12:06 AM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States

Pressing down the Home Button and the Power Button at the same time merely turns my phone off. If something is saved in the process, I have no idea to where it is saved.
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2019, 12:18 PM

Hails from United States

When you select copy, have copied to clipboard, the text you have selected is temporarily stored in a “clipboard memory” on your phone, computer, iPad, etc. the next step is to decide where you want to paste it. You could open your email, send a message to yourself, paste the text and send it. Then open email on your computer and print. The selected “copy” is stored in device memory until you close the ap, turn off your device or copy again which over writes the previous copy command.
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-07-2019, 04:43 PM

if you have an iphone and a macbook, you can tell each to "trust" the other. Then you can use the 'messages.app' on your macbook to send and receive phone calls and texts, without ever touching your iphone. It's easier to copy text from the messages app on the macbook than from your texting app on the iphone. Though both will work, as described by boogiechile
http://www.websterart.com/html/still-lifes-v4.php
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:00 PM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiechile
When you select copy, have copied to clipboard, the text you have selected is temporarily stored in a “clipboard memory” on your phone, computer, iPad, etc. the next step is to decide where you want to paste it. You could open your email, send a message to yourself, paste the text and send it. Then open email on your computer and print. The selected “copy” is stored in device memory until you close the ap, turn off your device or copy again which over writes the previous copy command.

Errrr.....Just how do I "open my email" on my iphone? I don't see any provision for "email" on my iphone.
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2019, 08:01 PM
A WC! Legend
Glendale, Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhwebster
if you have an iphone and a macbook, you can tell each to "trust" the other. Then you can use the 'messages.app' on your macbook to send and receive phone calls and texts, without ever touching your iphone. It's easier to copy text from the messages app on the macbook than from your texting app on the iphone. Though both will work, as described by boogiechile

What's a macbook? And, no, I don't have it, as far as I know.