Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eraethil

Hey every1,

This is just a working title. A small piece 10″x10″ mixed media (acrylic, glass, jade, polydimethylsiloxane) on wood panel.

Detail:

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Reminds me of dark midnight with just a bit of light peeking through. Love this!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Cyndi L

I’m supposing that the background is poured? You got it to stop at a really interesting point!

Teddy

Being someone who hasn’t used this media, and only oil of your media, it looks very very amazing. To think that’s a wood panel… is a cool looking marvel. Glass is used how? If you don’t mind me asking. I doubt I’ll use it myself. Only in mosaics have I used glass. Haha

✧  ☆  ✶  ✧        
                ✶ 
                ✮ 
                ✧  
                ✶ 
                       ✮  ✧ ✮ ✶
                           teds

Eraethil

Thanks Kay, Cyndi, and GarageDoor,

Lovely evocative words Kay!

All of the colour has been poured and then selected bits cut and collaged onto the wood block Cyndi. Yes – this one isn’t signed yet, but I’m thinking it might be interesting enough now. :)

I never mind answering questions GD. The glass is tiny glass beads suspended in gel that were knife-troweled into the white spaces between the coloured acrylic. The acrylic looks like glass too because I use a high gloss pouring medium and adjust the transparency when I mix, pour and manipulate the paints I create.

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
                    Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.