Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life Old Crank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bobbymac

This is an 8″x10″ pastel that I did several years ago for my wife for a Mother’s Day gift. She’s a very talented quilter. To date this is the only Still Life I’ve created. I typically draw and paint portraits but recently I joined our art groups Still Life sessions. Hope to be able to contribute a few more paintings to this channel. C&C appreciated. Thank you for looking.
        Bob

vegaskip

Excellent,but I’m going to hide it from my wife!
            Jim

bobbymac

Excellent,but I’m going to hide it from my wife!
                Jim

Too funny Jim! Is your wife a quilter as well? My wife collects crank sewing machines. She even joined a group of women who only create quilts using crank machines.

Loretta7

This looks like my mother’s sewing machine and her pin cushion too – very good work.

[FONT="Tahoma"]CxC always welcome :thumbsup:

billmahler

Excellent work.
                        Welcome to the forum

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
                        Winston Churchill.
                        http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

Jon

Well done.
                            We have a similar model in our home.

bobbymac

Loretta: Thank you. My wife has multiple pin cushions but I believe the one in my painting was her Mothers’ too.
                                Bill: Thank you for the welcome. I hope to be able to contribute more.
                                Jon: Thank you. As I mentioned above my wife collects machines but the one in the painting is the one she uses for creating her quilts.

Hamburgefions

Very nice!
                                    Especially the colorful quilt adds a lot to this painting. And the scissors are as beautiful too.

bobbymac

Very nice!
                                        Especially the colorful quilt adds a lot to this painting. And the scissors are as beautiful too.

Thank you Mark. I agree, the quilt adds a lot of color. The shininess of the scissors and the dimples on the thimble were a challenge.

libra

What a beautiful pastel drawing! I love the colors and details, you have done a wonderful job.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan

My grandmother had one of these old Singers. This is fantastic and brings back so many memories. Excellent piece, Bobby!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

bobbymac

Joan: Thank you for your nice compliments. I enjoyed doing the details but am now attempting to be looser.
                                                Kay: Thank you. Many viewers have felt nostalgic about this piece.

AllisonR

Beautiful machine very nicely painted. I like the angle you chose, makes an interesting composition. I love your shadow on the wall and the neutral off white wall and black sewing machine make a nice contrast with the stronger colors. The pins in the pin cushion are too bright, too sharp and too large, they distract.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/

Very well done. I also like the angle of view, feels like I’m standing there looking

bobbymac

Allison: Thank you for your comments, they are most appreciated. I see what you say about the pins. I assume it’s mostly the pearl pin heads. Especially against the dark of the wood.
                                                        Patrick: Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.