Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Oil Painting – Hall of Fame Welcome to What’s On Your Easel……March 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    !becca

Welcome to WOYE March 2019…Post your works in progress here so long as they are in oils…everyone is welcome!!!
        [/COLOR]:wave:

For a more complete critique post in the main forum[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Becca “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
        Becca's Fine Art

RLangford

Painting using only french ultramarine, cadmium red, cadmium yellow, white and black.

Reference photo:

All C&C welcome! Rachel

mtpalms

Nicely done!

New link to my latest work.[/url]
                "The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier they dug on hallowed ground
                But the tomb of the unknown artist is nowhere to be found."

KEVIN$

I found a better photo of a womans shoulder/head so I grafted that image onto my template and traced the new head onto my canvas and started painting the face/head. I still need to adjust the details but I like this pose better. I also need to fine tune other features but I like how it looks a lot better. The face outline doesn’t look feminine so I have to figure out why and correct it. I’m also not sure what clothes or scene she’ll be posed in at this time – simply trying to produce skin colors that don’t look awful to me and I’m getting there.

ks

Kevin Slaby
                    2002 Mustang - 902hp but BROKE at 953hp
                    http://baselinesuspensions.com/Projects/balrog.htm

ilya K

Food and wine. Will work on food next weekend. Hope wine will still be there. :)

Any tips on getting the candle flames reasonably correct?

Ilya K
                        C&C always welcome

mtpalms

For color, light a candle and look closely at it. I am assuming the white flames in the photo means you haven’t added color to them yet. As for technique, I would recommend softer edges.

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                Bob Dylan.

Michaelshane

Someday everything is going to be different,when I paint my masterpiece.
                                    Bob Dylan.

KEVIN$

I have no clue where this is going but I don’t hate it…yet.

Once I figure out the overall scene I’ll re-tone the skin accordingly.

ks

Kevin Slaby

mtpalms

It is really lovely, Kevin. I am getting a feeling that her negligee* is slipping off and floating on the water.

*In making sure that my spelling was correct, I see that what I once called a negligee, and rather classy, is now defined as much skimpier and trashier-looking lingerie. My apologies to anyone thinking I am envisioning the modern version. :wink2:

OziAfricana

16 x 20.
                                                1 hour in.

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
                                                My Blog

Instagram
                                                OziAfricana

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Mar-2019/1101062-image.jpeg[/IMG]

I love this. It’s going to be a nice one.

My Blog

Instagram
                                                    KEVIN$

It is really lovely, [B]Kevin[/B]. I am getting a feeling that her negligee* is slipping off and floating on the water.

*In making sure that my spelling was correct, I see that what I once called a negligee, and rather classy, is now defined as much skimpier and trashier-looking lingerie. My apologies to anyone thinking I am envisioning the modern version. :wink2:

Whew, that’s what I was going after. If it looked like a bear squatting in the woods then I would have had to black wash the canvas and go back to painting stick figures..

At this time I want her to have red hair so I’m trying to decide what background scene/color to use to accent the colors on her.

ks

Kevin Slaby

OziAfricana

Done some more work on her face.

My Blog

Instagram
                                                            OziAfricana

Going to bed at this point. Some adjustments will be made on her arms, the left on her elbow point and the right has become too small. Her face also looks patchy.

My Blog

Instagram
                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.