Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes One from our travels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Marty C

Been away from WC for some time, so I thought I’d post a landscape or two. This one from our travels in the US. Oil on canvas.

So We Were Walking Up to the Lookout and OMG! 85cm x 150cm

vegaskip

Exceptional as always! Welcome back.
            Jim

Fantastic!

Christel

Beautiful, I’ll never forget the time I saw the canyon the first time.

LIL

Ohiohawk97

Beautiful Grand Canyon painting with amazing detail….

Wes

oldnmartist

The snow is a nice touch.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

Spectacular detail and color accuracy. This would seem a lifetime painting for me but I see you have many. Quite amazing. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Beautiful! The lights and shadows go on forever, well done!

Heather AKA Lucy12
                    https://www.heatherrossbach.com
                    https://www.instagram.com/heatherrossbachart/
                    https://www.facebook.com/heatherrossbachart/?modal=admin_todo_tour

DreyDay

Wow I think this the best painting of the grand canyon I’ve ever seen. How did you do those details in the canyon and background so accurately? Did you do it free-handed or use a grid with the reference photo? I like how you painted this so realistically, and how obviously you took the time to get all the details. You took everything much further than what a lot of artists do especially with mountains or cliffs: I see many artists stop painting after just creating some shadow and a little detail to indicate mountains, but you went all the way and finished everything down to the most minute detail. This is a pleasure to look at. Thanks for sharing!

Marty C

Thanks, everyone. Dreyday, I used a grid system, tried to keep track of the details working from back to front, top to bottom. It’s a big piece, took a while, but it was worth it. I felt like I was back on that lookout as I was painting.

Reddyman

Gorgeous piece of the Grand Canyon. Love the subtle shifts in colour and the details and depth you have achieved.
                                Very nice indeed.
                                John

Dorrart

Another really nice painting of the GC (I saw your other one before this). Lovely paint handling and your creation of form is outstanding. Very nicely done.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

RandyP

Absolutely Incredible!! Simply amazing, Marty!

Randy

Reed Jones

Gobsmacked! Hurrah for this one! Fabulously nuanced color treatments, great shadows. Love it!

www.reedmichaeljones.com

Critiques and feedback are welcomed!

Bardo

I thought it was a photo at first, but it is so much more when you look closely. Really outstanding work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.