Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Winter guy

Does it look too much like a Christmas card? Does it give the idea of the sun setting behind the trees. I am open to any and all comments and suggestions. This was fun painting it though not quite finished. I see a couple of errors

Linda

Absolutely wonderful. Have you thought of any shadowing? since the sun is setting behind the shadows can slide to the front. Love this!

Just Do it!
            Trumper

Looks lovely to me ,, yes maybe some shadows as mentioned above.

ntl

Wonderful scene. Yes, it needs shadows on the snow and on the central trunk. I think the flashes of light on the trunks are too prominent, maybe should be somewhat broken or non-existent esp near the base as the sun is pretty low.

The brush and grasses adds to the sense of serenity.
                    The differentiation of the purple snow in shadow is appropriate, but the land seems to “roll slightly, so the show is in shadow not only from where it is in front of the background, but the grasses will cast a shadow, as will the little variations–dips, etc, of the shadowed snow on the ground.

I wonder if the yellow on the snow is a bit too bright. Maybe a whisper of a purple glaze over the yellow on the snow would lower that bright chroma esp on the two center streaks.

I really like your sky, esp the gray area, the clumps of snow on some bushes/brush.

Tom Brown

I say “no” on the shadows. You’ve very nicely captured that brief moment right at dusk where the sun is no longer reaching the ground but maybe just kissing the treetops. I’ve tried photoshopping that idea here and I also put some sky back in those distant birch twigs. But I think you could call this done and hold your head high as is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.