Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching First Post: Lunch With Officemates

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    psepheroth

This is a live sketch on location. I am eating with my officemates in a restaurant near the office.

[/URL]

I use the receipt paper in sketching with pen and ink. And then finish it with watercolor.
        There is a story behind that sketch. It’s about my lunchbox during lunch. Story in the image link.

Owner of the site Coded Incantation
        Quick sketches, Comics, Urban Sketching. Visual Diary, Blog

astaman

I think that this captures the fleeting immediacy of the moment really well.

psepheroth

I think that this captures the fleeting immediacy of the moment really well.

Thanks astaman. That’s one advantage of having a quick sketch because it captures that instant moment.

123harry

Nice to see spontaneous sketches posted here.

C&C always welcome.
                    Instagram harry.hamill

psepheroth

Thanks 123harry.
                        Most of my sketches are done spontaneous and on location.
                        Another reason why I always bring my sketchbook with me so I am ready always :)

Classic

:) I enjoy ability to make such fast sketches!
                            I am not well trained myself on this.

Emmanuel
                            C&C welcome

psepheroth

:) I enjoy ability to make such fast sketches!
                                I am not well trained myself on this.

If you keep on making fast sketches, it will become a habit and then eventual it will become second nature.
                                Most of my sketches are fast sketches made on location.

Classic

I’ll try to sketch after printed photos in a first time, before facing a live moving subject.

My father was good sketcher. He was architect and used sketches much more than photographs for keeping in mind details! Of course, he learned this at the time where photos were difficult, expansive and time consuming. With sketches, he could go to the site in the morning and be able to use them for his work in the same afternoon. With photos, he had to give the film to the photo lab and take the photos back several days later, sometimes even a week later. When I learned to develop and print photos my self, I could give him the photos next day or even the same evening, however he never lost the sketch skill!

Now, digital photos make it so easy, so I’m afraid that new generations of architects are less skilled in that.

Emmanuel
                                    C&C welcome

psepheroth

Somehow you have a point about your worry on being less skillful because of technology nowadays. I somewhat agree to that. Still depending upon the person, but yes, more people are into photography these days than sketching :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.