Home Forums Explore Media Mixed Media, Encaustics, Collage and Alternative Materials Pride Before the Fall – xpost AbstractContemporary

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SamK

Pride Before the Fall
        10×13″ magazine paper collage on black paper

C&C more than welcome

Cyndi L

Sam, I really really like this series you’re doing! The movement is great on this one, but it’s still beautifully balanced :)

SamK

Thanks Cyndi! I’m not consciously doing a series, so it will be interesting to see what comes out of me with the next one. I’m also a little uneasy about the balance of this one, to me it feels a little top heavy and slightly off-kilter, the reason I’ve included ‘Before the Fall’ in the title.

Cyndi L

Ahhh…well, I took it to be similar to the last one you posted. Sorry if I’m off base about that! Anyway, yes, it is a tiny bit top heavy, and that’s exactly why I like it, given the title :D

Cyndi L

Actually, the more times I see it, the more I like it, so I think that’s a good sign!

SamK

It is similar to the last one I did, and it even prompted me to think about Hindu gods like the last one did (though I’m doubtful that comes through for anyone else). Perhaps it will be a series, but I never start a piece with any definite idea of where I’m going so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’m still deciding whether to go big on my next one (80x80cm) or to do a triptych with 3 20x20cm canvases. Either way, it’s likely to take me ages, especially as I’ve just started a new job which will eat into free time considerably.

It’s certainly a good sign that the more you see it the more you like it. Much, much better than the other way round.

Sonia
                                CarlyHardy

Makes me think of a carnival ride…with the twist and turns and bright lights! I’m amazed with how all the parts accent one another!

SamK

Thank you Sonia and Carly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.