Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects MAY "Feathers, Fur, Fins & Scales Challenge"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Hullo Animal & Wildlife Members – I haven’t been able to contact the Member who was scheduled to Host this May Challenge, so I’m Hosting instead.
    2 of the photos are my beloved animals and the rest are from the RIL – many thanks to the members who have loaded their images into the RIL.

Please do not post your entries until 20th of May 2019
    . It’s much more fun if we all post about the same date – gives us all something to look forward too and much more exciting.

You can use any of the images, can crop them or put 2 together, or paint/draw them anyway you would like too, using any painting/drawing medium. You can also chat about the Challenge with other members and ask any questions about them – but please do not post your entries until “Reveal Day” which is Monday 20th May 2019
    So here we go;

This is my Jack Russell/Fox Terrier – “Pippa” who has just turned 4 years old and many of you will have heard me talking about Pippa. A little mischief but has quietened down considerable now she’s older! That’s her pink toy dolly beside her – the only toy that’s lasted more than a few days without being totally destroyed!

This is my beloved Miniature Horse “Star Dreamer” who passed away at 24 years of age, last year. He was my precious, special boy and I’ll miss him always. “I know you are having a great time with your horsey friends up there at the Rainbows End, Star Dreamer.”

The next photos are by Lisilk and are from the RIL

Donkey

Otter

Baby goat

Red Panda by mbeckett

Koi Fish by Rosa Weitzel

Frog by C.P.

Jelly fish by WithrLady

For all the Cat People – a Burman by Masperius

And for all our Aussie friends a Cookaburra by Pazza

I hope you enjoy the selection and find something you would like to make art with! Looking forward to seeing your results on the 20th May.

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Great refs, Viv. I am going on vacation in a few weeks so I might do one of these later.

Joy
    C & C encouraged!

Joy – Glad you like the pics.
    If you are going to be away at posting time, and if you’ve completed an entry beforehand, if you Private Message me your entry, I can post it for you on the 20th. :thumbsup:

Good ones Viv! Thanks for filling in as host.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Yes, thank you, Viv. Lots of good subjects to choose from.

Penny
    I live in Wiltshire, England
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Rainowl

There are some good photos so it will be difficult to chose which one to do.

Lesley (Wiltshire, England, U.K.)

Pat

Nice selection, Viv! I see a character or two that I’d like to do. Nice to have a little more time during our summer, when all the tourists have gone back north.

~Pat

Pat St.Onge/ FineArtAmerica
            PAWS Painter (Etsy)

Kay, joy, Lesley, Penny and Pat – Glad you like the pics. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! :clap:

I’ve just this minute. Chosen mine! 👍

Penny
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Penny – that was quick. Im deciding between two! :)

Yes, Viv. I decided quite quickly. 😁

Penny

fedetony

Excellent selection Viv… Hope I can join this month since I’ve been in a commission work and has taken me forever to finish. Not finished yet, but soon…

Federico Garcia
                My Blog
                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

eyepaint

Yay Pippa!! Yay animals!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Viv, thank you for your kind offer. That is nice to know and I may take you up on that if feasible. But I am still working on my eggs from Watermedia April and I have so much going on at home.

Joy
                    C & C encouraged!

Bizzibee

I am new to the forum and have been invited to take part! I have only done one animal painting so this will be a challenge. I will try the fish or the frog: but if its too bad I may not post it:lol:

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.