Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Blue Bell Walk & Creech Wood Autumn #2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Arnie

Blue Bell walk – another attempt using the Senneliers on Pastel Fix.
        Last time I used this combination everything went very ‘muddy’ but this time it handled better. This could be my preferred practice paper.
        Creech Wood – the second from a pair I did earlier in the year.
        C&C appreciated.
        Thanks for looking.
        Arnie

Blue Bell Walk: Sennelier Pastels on Pastel Fix 30x40cm

Creech Wood Autum #2: UNISON Pastels on Daler Ingres paper 12×9 inches

CaliAnn

You have a beautiful, lovely soft touch with pastels. Both are beautiful – I am especially drawn to the second one – might be because of the colors – dunno – love ’em both!

Both of these are a great walk in the woods. The reds and oranges set off by greens is very effective use of color to my taste. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

AnnieA

As someone who had to give up my pastels because of allergies, oh how I envy you! These are both very nice. I especially like the sunlight dancing across the leaves of the foreground trees in the first.

[FONT=Arial]C&C always welcome ©[/I] [/font]
                [FONT=Palatino]
                “Life is a pure flame and we live by an invisible sun within us.” ― Sir Thomas Browne [/size][/font]

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/85002-sig-thumbnail_composite_2.jpg]/img]

Ohiohawk97

Great job with both Arnie! My favorite is the blue bell walk. There is so much interest throughout the piece and love the colors and composition. Beautiful work!….

Wes

Both are really fine works to me. The first one has a wonderful play of light. I would say true Impressionism.

oldnmartist

I like the broken color approach.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

Reddyman

Arnie…these are beautifully done. I love the depth you have achieved and such beautiful range of colour.
                            Both are excellent pastel works.
                            John

Aussiesrus

Both very well done Arnie – The 2nd being my favorite due to that beautifully rendered tree, the lovely warm color statement & the inclusion of an open space in the sky which greatly enhances the composition IMO.

The dotted patterns in both work well. Certainly an interesting technique which has a unifying effect, much like that of ‘pointillism’ – Well Done !

Michael.

michaelcartwrightart.com.au
                                https://bluethumb.com.au/michael-cartwright
                                I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DRUNK I AM

Bizzibee

These are really gorgeous Arnie. Can’t decide which I like best!

'One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star': Friedrich Nietzsche

Arnie

Thanks CaliAnn, Gary, Wes, and AnnieA – Much appreciated.
                                        AnnieA: I can sympathise with you about the allergies. I’ve had minor allergy issues, but this year its been very bad and I’m wondering if its the pastels.

Arnie

Thanks Patrick – ‘true Impressionism’ very kind.

katz

HI,

I love both pastel paintings.
                                                The details in both are wonderful.

Gay

trailrider

There’s a beautiful magic light in both of these.

Lisa http://lisacouper.com
                                                    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. Joseph Campbell
                                                    "If it were me......." My Husband

Skyenorth

Both have worked out just perfect! Well done Arnie, hard to decide which one is my favourite, the first is so pretty and full of the joy of late Spring, it has a feeling of Monet about it. The second is very much an Arnie painting very atmospheric and evocative of the English countryside in Autumn. All you need now are two frames!!

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
                                                        http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
                                                        Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
                                                        Winston Churchill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.