WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 10:02 AM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada
Re: **** Daily Wash - Saturday November 16th 2019 ****

Lynn, LOL I checked and checked and figured you must have channels that I am not getting, I'll go on line to see.

Bill, your post reminded me of Venice, can you imagine spending all this money on a vacation to see Venice and that is what you are greeted with

Uschi

#17   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschi
Doug, do these pressure cooker dinners taste rally good too????
Depends what you put in them, here are some IP recipes.

(((Char and Ted)))

Doug
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 12:31 PM
WC! Guide
Michigan

Hails from United States

Hello all,

It's sunny and 29F here, a pleasant looking day.

i talked to my boss and she reassured me that I'm a valuable employee and she is glad to have me on her team. I felt better after talking to her and learning more about the changes. I don't like change but I know it's good and helps one grow, but at my age I've done all the growing that I want. Anyway I'm taking another week off of work so won't go back until the week of Thanksgiving and I only work Monday and Tuesday of that week.

Last Monday I started with pain in my abdomen that felt like a bout of diverticulitis. I've had them before; very painful but they've always only lasted about 3 days. This is still with me. Larry and Justin want me to call the doctor on Monday. I might need an antibiotic. The pain hurts right through to my back with sharp pains in my sides.

Carolynn, it's so nice of Monty to finish up your yard work for you. I bet your studio is nice and you enjoy painting in it. I look forward to seeing the pictures of your garden.

Char, Justin sold his motor for his racer and the guy who bought it was here at 8 this morning so we were up early too. We may be taking a nap later. I hope Ted feels much better today.

JJ! oh my heavens I'd just die!

Lynn, I love watching the ice dancing too; well actually all of it.

Doug, I'm glad your back is feeling better now. I hope your chicken turns out good.

Jen is coming in December; the 12th through the 18th. Josh will be here and Marta I think. My house will be crazy and Justin, Larry and I will have to work. Oh well we will manage, I really only have one extra bedroom, so it looks like it will be the couch or air mattresses for some. Jen hasn't seen Josh in 3 12 years. He's only seen Kalem once as a baby so that will be nice.

Not having feeling in my middle finger makes me have to always backspace and correct.

Sylvia, so many leaves. Larry picked up a lot and uses them for mulch for his garden but the rest we leave for lawn mulch. They are covered in a layer of snow now.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I am going to paint now. I took some ibuprofen and it's taking the edge off so I will just say until later!!
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 02:08 PM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Darla, call your doctor!! It could be something more serious that needs immediate attention.
Bill

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 03:24 PM
By the shores of Lake Michigan

Hails from United States

Good afternoon/evening, everyone!

I trust everyone has a creative and restful day. Weekends are such a nice break from the busy week we've all had. Snow is melting, exposing leaves yet to be dealt with. We still have some outdoor chores to do at my mom's place and at our summer cottage we rent out in the next community. It may be a moot point with the goofy weather. Sigh....

Darla~ Be careful with continuing abdominal pain--many reasons could cause it, and should be evaluated. Nothing to mess with. Sorry for the unasked for medical opinion.

By the way, I have to backspace and correct all the time, and I don't have your excuse of a numb finger--just poor typing skills! :-)

JJ~ eww! Just eww!!

Char~ I hope you have your well deserved alone time in the studio. And that Ted feels a bit stronger today.

Doug~ glad your back has improved, and you have fully embraced the IP.

Lynn~ you sound passionate about the air fryer. Your menus sound good!

Hi to all I haven't mentioned, and those to come! I've got to fix lunch for mom.

~ Carol
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:14 PM
Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Hi again all!

QS - yes, I started out with Arteza because it always seemed so cheap on Amazon. They always seem to have some kind of special offer on it. I too started switching after Doug mentioned some problems with it, mainly tearing easily when using masking fluid, and it not standing up to too much scrubbing. Recently I've been using Canson Montval, which I quite like. A number of people recently though have recommended Fabriano Artistic, so I may try that too.

Uschi - yes, the phone is close to me. At night I keep it under my pillow at the top of the bed, partly as I use it as an alarm, and partly so I can reach it easily to switch the alarm off or if I need it urgently. I find it very difficult to roll over in bed as I can't change position easily on my own. My bed's like a hospital bed that's adjustable, and it has something called a "bed leaver" (because it helps you to 'leave' the bed) on each side - a tall and wide metal addition that clamps onto the bed that I can use to help me get out of bed, and they also prevent me from falling out of bed. I can grab onto one of them and literally haul myself over if I want to roll over (but I normally stay in the same position all night) but it takes a while to get something from the bedside table, so it's easier to keep my phone where I can easily reach it.

Darla - I'm so pleased you've spoken to your manager and are feeling more positive about work, and that you're taking the extra week off. Bill and Carol are right though - you need to get that abdominal pain checked out!

Well my day didn't work out as planned! I was watching TV this morning and generally resting, when I heard a repeated banging that sounded as though it was on the side of the house. Fortunately I decided to go into the kitchen to check it out, went to the back door and looked out, and found my dad on the floor at the front of the garage! He'd decided to go up on the garage roof to fix some leaks in the roof, but hadn't fixed his ladder to anything, and the ladder had slipped. Fortunately the garage isn't very tall and he hadn't fallen far, but he's in his 70s. It had been raining, and had just started again. I tried to see if one of the neighbours, his fishing buddy, was in and could come over. By the time I'd established he was out (most of the neighbours are elderly, and wouldn't have been able to help) my dad had got up and gone in the house. He was still refusing to go to hospital. Rummaging around in the bathroom for bits and pieces made me realise we really should have a proper first aid kit! I cleaned up the few grazes he'd got as best as I could, then realised someone at the neighbour's was back. His fishing buddy was still out but his wife was back and their grown-up son was there too. He came over and got most of the stuff my dad had moved out back in the garage, and he tried to persuade him to go to hospital too, but dad was still refusing.

Soon after his fishing buddy came back and came straight over when his wife told him what had happened. By then my dad was complaining about feeling dizzy, and we insisted he go. He went and fetched his car and backed up almost to the door, and drove him to the local hospital. He said he'd stay with him until they knew what was happening. After he'd gone I phoned my sister and she went straight up to the hospital, so Eric left him with my sister and came home, calling in to put the rest of the stuff away and lock the garage up, and check if I was okay and needed anything. He texted a couple of times to see if there was any news, and my sister kept texting me with updates. I was just watching TV and trying to rest my back. With all the activity of patching my dad up, I ended up with sciatic pain all the way down both legs, and having to take Oramorph. Jane phoned to apologise for waking me early, and said she almost called in to see me on her way home this morning - if she had have done she'd have been here right about the time my dad had his accident! I couldn't focus on painting or anything, so spent the afternoon watching programmes about the RSPCA rehoming puppies on Channel 5.

Anyhow, to cut a long story short, after examining my dad and sending him for a chest x-ray and a head & neck CT scan, the doctors said he was okay to come home. Late afternoon my sister said it went a bit crazy in A&E. If they hadn't been so busy and ended up with patients on trolleys in the corridors because they'd run out of beds, they would have kept him in overnight for observation, but because he said there was someone at home they discharged him. He's very stiff and sore, but basically okay.

I don't know what I'd have done though if I hadn't been able to get Eric and my sister over. I have enough of a battle trying to look after myself, without trying to look after someone else. My sister brought him back from the hospital, made him some tea, washed the pots, and stayed for a while. I'm going to text her a list of anything we need in the morning and she'll go to the supermarket on her way over later in the morning because she knows I can't manage with him on my own, and he's not going to be going out shopping for the next few days.

I think I'm overtired now - I feel totally drained but don't feel tired. I think I'm going to get some hot chocolate though and my meds and get off to bed. Hopefully I won't get an early morning alarm call this time though.

See you tomorrow.

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:23 PM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada

Gosh Rachel you have wonderful neighbours. I hope neither of you have lasting effects from this unfortunate day.

Uschi, and Darla (If you can see it), look here for some lovely ice dance.

(((Darla))), I also think you should see your doctor, it's not something to take lightly.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

(((Rachel))) what a day! I hope your dad is going to recover well, he's lucky he didn't break anything. 70 is no age to be climbing on a garage roof. Sorry all the effort has brought o sciatic pains, I trust the medication allows you to get a night's sleep.

Doug
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:30 PM
A WC! Legend
Australia

(((((Rachel)))))) What a day. I did not realise your father lived with you. Just as well you heard the banging eh. Hugs to both you and your Dad.
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-16-2019, 09:42 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

Hi again,
Rachel - I hope you both feel better in the morning.

Too tired to talk much but wanted to update you on the sale. The organizers donít have a final figure yet but estimate 1200 - 1400 people went through. I sold 16 scarves which isnít too bad. It will go into my art account to pay for future art supplies. I was on my feet almost 6 hours and all Iíve done since I got home was relax with my feet up. Iíll see you all in the morning.

www.ellenspalette.com