Home Forums Explore Media Oil Pastels Oil Pastel Studio Aivazovsky seascape

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    otherworlder

I haven’t done anything in oil pastels for a while, so what better way to (re)start oil pastels again than to study and copy another one of Aivazovsky’s seascapes. Copying his depiction of water and waves just makes me really happy. :lol: This time I made good use of my black multimedia paper.

Wow! Great values! Lovely palette. Well done!

Christel

MaryFlora

Spectacular! The black paper was a terrific choice with your powerful colors!

Mary Flora

terriks

Wow! I almost missed this one. It has a beautiful watercolor quality to it, just surreal to look at. The black paper was a good choice.

Fantastic work!

Terri

Film photographer with special love for alternative photographic processes - especially ones that get my hands dirty!

lisapencil

Wow I love the colours in this piece:cat:

Mira

It’s so nice to see a fellow oil pastelist paint an Aivazovsky seascape! I also like his paintings, besides he is Russian like myself :D

Wonderful contrasts in your work and lovely colors of the sea waves!
                        I’ve tried to look it up to compare but failed to find the painting… what’s its name?

I love oil pastels and have created a blog about this medium. While the blog posts are in Russian, still I invite you to get inspired with various artists' beautiful OP paintings in my blog's gallery: https://oilpastelist.wordpress.com/gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.