Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals Urban Sketchers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Sonia

The March issue of “Drawing Attention”, e-publication of the Urban Sketchers movement is now out. I was surprised to find a write-up about our local group (pages 14/15) – even more surprised to see one of the sketches from my Grey sketchbook.

http://www.urbansketchers.org/2018/03/drawing-attention-march-2018.html#more

Joan T

Congratulations!!! The write up is great and so is your sketch!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Well done! Your sketch is great and how fun to see all the happy artists gathered :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Sonia

Thank you for looking Joan and eyepaint.

This is pretty cool, Sonia! There is talk of doing a strictly Urban Sketch forum here on WC.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Sonia

I will watch out for that Kay.

Joan T

Sonia, will you be attending the Porto Symposium? I’m going. It will be my second one. I did Chicago last year.

Minerva C

This is pretty cool, Sonia! There is talk of doing a strictly Urban Sketch forum here on WC.

That would be great :thumbsup:

C

Sonia

Lucky you Joan! Afraid I won’t be there.

Joan T

Sorry you won’t be there. I’ve been luck and have met a number of friends that I’ve met on WetCanvas and other art websites. It is fun to meet them IRL.

I’ve not heard anymore about it, so unsure if Doug (Yorky) discussed w/ others yet.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Ellen E

I think Doug did make a sub-forum for those of us who like to do urban sketching but then he moved it and now I’ve not been able to find it. I just asked him about it so maybe we’ll know in a little while. I want to post my first urban sketch when I find out where to do it for sure.

I’m glad to see there are others here who do urban sketching. I don’t get out a whole lot due to physical limitations but I do whenever I can.

This is interesting and I enjoyed your link to Urban Sketchers.
                                            I didn’t know Dough was making a Sub-Forum for Urban Sketchers? I wonder where he’s put it?

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Ellen E

I always have to do a search for the post Doug made, but I think it’s in the Mixed Media area. It started out in the Watercolor section and then because it’s not just watercolor art that’s made, he decided it was a better fit in Mixed Media if I remember right. I know he made it a sticky.

Most of the urban sketchers use pen and wash techniques, I think, because watercolor is so easy to carry around and clean up after, but some might use other kinds of media as well.

Minerva C

I only found a thread in Mixed Media forum. No subforum. It would be nice with a sub forum in Wet Canvas where we could post threads.

https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1444934

C

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.