Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #604: Sep 26 – Oct 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    individuo

Scavenger Hunt #604: Sep 26 – Oct 4

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary. ***

Scavenger Hunt #604: Sep 26 – Oct 4

healthy
        not so healthy
        it flies
        it floats
        sport
        chess (or any other board game)
        furniture
        street lamp
        something you like
        something you dislike
        ceramic
        clock
        bridge
        window
        cold
        stairs
        kitchen
        gas station
        water
        trash can
        flower pot
        bathtub (or shower)
        barrier
        something with wheels
        bus stop
        unmade bed

Challenges:
        1- Sketch a mirror image of your reference.
        2- Mix two different mediums that you haven’t mixed before.
        3- Sketch a caricature of your reference.

C&C are welcome as well as any corrections on my English.

Eye

individuo: Thanks for the nice list.

PS… :lol: It is easy for me to find “unmade bed” item at this time… my kids are living examples of them.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Woo hoo! Thanks for the new list!! :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Individuo – Thank you for the new list.

1 – it flies – watercolor pencils
                    2 – it floats – watercolors and ink

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Eye

Joan: Cute and fantastic plein air sketch to start our Hunt.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Eye

A set of digi. done using Microsoft SurfacePro+ stylus … using MS-Paint software. I did use some fill color tool features and also undo for some times.. but the rest are free hand. Both sketches took about 40 min.

#1 something I like — a pair of Skechers “GOWalk”… so comfortable and light, I wore these sighting seeing for 10 days trip in Italy… and my feet were still happy at the end of each day.

#2 chess — a digi. done from a mini foldable chess set. I go it from a 2nd hand Japanese shop … so my kids can play it in car back seat while we drive, thanks to its magnetic design. I have them lying around my office for aiding in teaching AI:)

Ai

Eye

#3 something I don’t like — waiting
                                #4 furniture

Ai

individuo

Joan T, cute goose and gorgeous watercolor with the catamaran. Great start!:clap:

Ai, :lol: an inhabited unmade bed, that’s a bonus.:)
                                    You really know how to use MS-Paint, those chess pieces and the Skechers are amazing. And for someone who dislikes waiting, you certainly wait very well, great sketch!

EP, hi!:). My apologies, the link to the hosting schedule in the first post doesn’t work. This is the correct one
                                    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347&page=62
                                    Could you change it? please. Sorry.

Hello to the rest.

eyepaint

EP, hi!:). My apologies, the link to the hosting schedule in the first post doesn’t work. This is the correct one
                                        [URL]https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347&page=62[/URL]
                                        Could you change it? please. Sorry.

Done!

-- EP Moderator for:
                                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Ai, thanks. Your sketchers look really comfortable. I’ve been thinking about getting a pair. I like the magnetic chess set. It must be fun to use it in the car. Nice perspective on the seated people and chairs.

Individuo, thank you.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

individuo – thanks for the interesting list and challenges. Back soon with a sketch or two.

Joan, Oh, such good finds to start us off. Nifty boat/catamaran? Well done.

Ai, I like your style shoes, too. Mine are used as slippers. The chess board is great. You are fast on the digis…. The waiting and furniture sketch is cool, fun to see it both ways.

Hi, EP and all the rest…..

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                            My website https://jocastilloart.com

Eye

Jo: Thanks… I did went back to look at your sketch of Gene’s cane. It was so unique and at first I thought … where is the cane? It looks so much like a perfect pistol. I never knew that this rare thing exists.

Ai

Hi everybody.

Ai, thanks. The cane is pretty much just decoration for the tourist buyers! The handle isn’t very comfy for actually walking with weight on it. Ha.

I sketched in the traveling multi media sketchbook with watercolors for Number 1, kitchen

In the big book with Prismacolor 05 for Number 2, boardgame – L,C, R and Number 3, something I like – chocolates.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                                My website https://jocastilloart.com

individuo

EP, thanks, you are very quick and efficient.:)

Jo, hi! looking forward to seeing your sketches.:)

Joan T, I see what you did there, this time I spotted the “t”, “sketchers”:lol:, they really should rename the brand.

1- unmade bed – pencil
                                                    2- furniture (nightstand) – pencil
                                                    3- something I dislike (alarm clock, it is there, resting on the nightstand, but it is facing the bed and from this angle it is not identifiable) – pencil
                                                    4- something with wheels (car) – ink

Pencil on a cheap A5 sketchbook. The sketch itself took about half an hour, but I spent 8 hours setting the scene :D .

Ink on a 14x9cm (5.5×3.5 inches) notebook (sketchbook from now on).

individuo

Jo, you are faster than me. Beautiful kitchen, I don’t know how to describe it but I get a very nice feeling from that sketch. Nice ink sketches, especially the chocolates, fantastic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.