Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art January 2018 Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Monthly Challenge and Chat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    talisman

[FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Monthly Challenge and Chat! [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE]
        [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
        [FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot][FONT=Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif,&quot]January 2018

[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21th of the month – that gives us a little over 3 weeks to make the work, plus few extra days for latecomers.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

[/FONT][/COLOR] The challenge this month is “In a Song”

Musicians create such amazing visual images in our minds with their music and lyrics.
        Please create an artwork from the images in a song.
        Please list the Musical Artist or Group and The Song Title.
        Also include any lyrics that are [/SIZE]relevant to the artwork.
        Or all or the lyrics if you so desire.

So enjoy your LP’s, Cassettes, CD’s, MP3’s or streaming music and find something that inspires you!

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

talisman

This months Challenge is also the same as the Acrylic one this month.
            So you could do both with one Artwork if it’s in Acrylic.
            As always all medium is welcome here.
            I hope you find some songs you would like to do for this.
            I have far too many and will have to narrow it down.

C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Attalus

Hmmmm. Not much of a music lover, myself, but S. is. I’ll discuss it with her. Happy New Year, everybody!

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

OOO, that’s a good one!

Hope everyone had fun last night. Woke up to -18F (windchill -29F) today. Brrrrr.

One of my windows broke, I have plastic and cardboard stapled over it and a couple quilts stapled over that to hold till the hardware store opens. The cold broke it, so strange but it was a very old window.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

Attalus

Ooh, as usual, S. had an idea: “What about that song you have been humming all weekend?” That song begs for an illustration. CP, of course.

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

talisman

Sorry about your window.
                        They say glass is still semi-liquid that’s why old glass sags. So the age and bitter cold could weaken even vintage glass.
                        We are still waiting on our well to be fixed maybe Wednesday, that will be 10 days.

C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Wow, that’s a good bit of time! We share a well with five other houses. We’ve been pretty lucky so far, knock on wood but I do want to add an outlet for a generator to run it since we lose power fairly often.

I have a list of songs now. There are so many! I did end up watching Michael Jackson’s Thriller a couple times in a row yesterday. It’s been stuck in my head every since I read this!

Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

Not a music lover Bill? I thought everyone loves some type of music, except maybe deaf people. And I once read about a woman who can’t hear music, it just sounds like noise to her.

Well, I’ll think about it but not putting any pressure on myself. Maybe I could use my son’s latest favourite song… lol
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZujisNZuw0

About the intro Dianna, 21 days is 3 weeks. But you could add that we have until the end of the month.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                        Every painting is a new adventure.

Attalus

Not a music lover Bill? I thought everyone loves some type of music, except maybe deaf people. And I once read about a woman who can’t hear music, it just sounds like noise to her.

Well, I’ll think about it but not putting any pressure on myself. Maybe I could use my son’s latest favourite song… lol
                            [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZujisNZuw0[/url]

About the intro Dianna, 21 days is 3 weeks. But you could add that we have until the end of the month.

That would be tone-deafness, like Horatio Hornblower (one of my fave fictional characters). Nope, I can take an occasional piece of music, I played in the band in Jr. High and HS, I even sing in the choir at church, but most modern music I find to be annoying and classical pieces take too long. Sometimes I will put on Handel’s Messiah or RV Williams’ Sea Symphony when I am drawing (not painting). I guess you could say I can take it or leave it. :music:

Attalus

Sorry about your window.
                                They say glass is still semi-liquid that’s why old glass sags.

They used to tell me in chemistry class that glass is a liquid, but I never would believe it. :clear:

talisman

Oops I forgot to add that.:eek:
                                    YES of course you can post till the end of the month.
                                    I watched your video, Boom Boom Boom, kind of one of those brain worm songs….burrows it’s way into your head.
                                    I have a widely varied musical taste but my strongest ties are to the Prog-Rock era and all the great groups then.

C and C always welcome.
                                    My DeviantArt Gallery

I pretty much like every genre of music from rap to classical to the blues to country to rock to opera, love it all. I loved the punk/new wave scene of the eighties in Toronto. I still have all my records.

I play a few instruments but my mom is a wicked piano player. She never played professionally but she’s one of the best I’ve ever heard.

We’re still pretty chilly here. I put my dogs on timers when they go out. I’ve gone through almost eighty pounds of bird food in the last two weeks. I have seven feeders and they’ve been very popular lately.

Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

WoodyWelch

Got TWO subject matters based on songs…one for this group which is a little more to the Fantasy approach and another for the acrylic sub forum which is steeped a bit more in reality.

It was all I could do to NOT paint THE PURPLE PEOPLE EATER.:lol:

Attalus

I wanna see the Purple People Eater :clear: Me, I got mine done. *shakes calendar*:angel:

Attalus

Oops I forgot to add that.:eek:
                                                YES of course you can post till the end of the month.
                                                I watched your video, Boom Boom Boom, kind of one of those brain worm songs….burrows it’s way into your head.
                                                I have a widely varied musical taste but my strongest ties are to the Prog-Rock era and all the great groups then.

There have been no great groups since the Beatles broke up:clear:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 143 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.