Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #586 May 4- 12th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Scattykat

Hi all, remembered this time, even after partying for my sisters 60th birthday last night…please bear with me while trying to post my list, as I’m on a non compliant iPad…:rolleyes:
        …don’t seem to be able to copy paste, so hope this screen shot will suffice.

Scavenger Hunt #586. May 4-12th 2019

Beautiful
        Musical
        Reusable
        Immovable
        Feather
        Together
        Tether
        Leather
        Chain
        Train
        Rain
        Drain
        Filigree
        Bumble bee
        Any tree
        Silver key
        Throat
        Petticoat
        Boat
        Bank note
        Birthday
        Sachet
        Doorway
        Childs play
        On tiptoe
        In a row

…phew, got ther, I think.
        Have heaps of fun…
        :cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
        ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

Pine Cone

Scatty — Fun list! Thanks so much 😊 🎨 I was going to sit out May and recharge from a long winter, but I couldn’t resist dropping by to check your list. And saw that you have bumble bees!!! How cool is that 😍 I love bees. I don’t know if they’re around yet, and don’t know how to sketch one even if I find one, but I can always try and see what happens. But they’re pretty much always moving by definition, so wish me luck :lol: Thanks for a cool list!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Eye

Thanks for the list Scatty.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Pine Cone

item #1 – “beautiful”

tiny glass ladybug figurine[/color]

I thought I’d get the tiny-flying-creature vibe going as practice for sketchng a bee. So I painted this tiny figurine in memory of the days when ladybugs roamed free and made the world a better and more beautiful place!

I don’t think I’ve seen more than two living ladybugs in the last couple of decades, and they weren’t even where I lived, unfortunately. So a few years ago, missing them, I bought this little sweetie for a few cents. She fits on my fingernail.

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil

Procreate (old version) app for the sketch.

Art Studio Pro app for the crop, borders, downsize and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual acrylic on virtual hot press watercolor paper.

Freehand, no drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No filters or effects. No color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away (because she kept falling off my finger :lol: ).[/color]

What a fun list. Does make me have to think. Hmmmm.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                    My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Thanks, Scatty for the new list and happy birthday to your sister!

PC what a cute face on that figurine :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

A week ago I bought myself an old guitar at the Kingsday fleamarket. With the help of YouTube I am teaching myself how to play. I’m having a lot of fun, checking “learning to make music” off of my bucket list.

To give my left hand some rest I did a sketch of my guitar. Here is “Musical”.

Pine Cone

Jeroen — Welcome home! Long time no see. Good to see your most excellent precision back in the mix here.

PC, the lady bug is so cute and well done. Makes me smile.

Jeroen, wow! I’m impressed with the drawing and that you are learning to play on your own. Applause!!

Eye

Jeroen: Yeah … I bought my girls an Ukulele … they never get around to learn to play it (I should have guess that)… but now I have another item on my bucket list of “Learning to play Ukulele”… I need to get back to some piano too. If I ever will be around your city, I will message you for both the music and sketching jam… hahaha

PC: Awesome cool start of our Hunt with your tiny lady bug sketch.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

I’m still practicing for the paint out in NM so got out the pastels and painted out my studio window, so indoor plein air. Ha.

1. any tree – 9 x 12 pastels on used paper (will be a wipe off, Joe. We will see how many the paper can take. I think this is about 6.)

Joan T

Kat, thanks for the new list.

Pine Cone, every summer there is a week where I find ladybugs flying around at the beach. They seem to be around for a short time only and then gone.

Jeroen, nice job on the guitar. What will you be playing for us?

Jo, I like your indoor plein air. Nice tree!!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                        [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Joan T

Yesterday I was at the NY Botanical Gardens and these fit the list.
                                            1 – beautiful peony – watercolor
                                            2 – tree – watercolor

3 – together (tulips in front of someone’s house) – watercolors

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Pine Cone

Ai — Thanks so much 😊

Jo — Thanks and smiles back! I know what I want to say about your cool plein-window trees, about the gorgeous light on their trunks, the sea of beauty that grounds them… but I feel like I’m jinxing them, so I guess all I can do is be at peace and wave goodbye to this one with gratitude for the chance to spend a moment with it…

Joan — I didn’t know that beaches and ladybugs went together!!! Very cool :cool: And your paintings have been so missed. They’re like water in the desert for me. The depth and ethereal beauty of the 1st, the joyous freedom of the 2nd, the hope of the third… Thank you for coming home to us!

Pine Cone, thank you. I love your comments and stories. The good thing is I take good photos of the practice sketches and have used some of them on cards, etc., when no time to do a fresh sketch. Good to look back and see where I can improve.

Joan, welcome back. Love the flowers, especially the peonie … or the tulips….or the tree. So beautiful.

I sketched in the big book with Prismacolor 03 I found in my apron pocket from ???? Quickly, birds don’t stay still and I’m no animal sketcher. We had several out in the yard this morning. The hawk was around but with the leaves we can’t see him until he flies.

#2 feather – these sketches are for the birds
                                                #3 rain – Gene’s rain gauges.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.