WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Sculpture
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:12 PM

Re: racoon knight

back with update, i missed a step with the racoon. I'd done the back in light golden brown. I didnt do any shading, so i went back in carved out clay on the back piece and re-added the light brown and shading. Now the figure is officially done! Unless anyone notices anything *please dont notice any missed steps* LOL.
IMG_20180429_185510 by honey hatter, on Flickr
IMG_20180429_185555 by honey hatter, on Flickr
I've finished the unicorn sword, princess stabby. She came out looking more curved sword than long sword, i still havent mastered swords and shields...
I added pink copper wire to the handle and hilt section, *is that pink, not sure*
IMG_20180426_172337 by honey hatter, on Flickr
IMG_20180426_173613 by honey hatter, on Flickr
here is both swords and shield i still have work to do on the claymore.
IMG_20180429_181358 by honey hatter, on Flickr
IMG_20180429_181304 by honey hatter, on Flickr
here's the early process of the shield, lots of aluminum folded over. I then added the clay. The piece of leather in the back of the photo i'm going to add as a cape, maybe do a chain with clasp so it can be taken off. The shield design i'm not liking, not my strongest work, i'm going to try gold deco foil over the design to see if that doesnt change things up a bit.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Amazing updates! I have the biggest smile on my face right now HH!

And yes, that's PINK! It's an awesome bright saturated pink - in fact, it's the favorite color of the daughter of an acquaintance

PS turned out well, and I like the wild wilderness sensibility in the shield so far!

Keep the pics coming
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-29-2018, 10:09 PM

Hi PC! Big smile here too, I have been busy, lots of inspiration came out of nowhere for some reason. I've been juggling projects writing a short story I hope to get published *i haven't written in 28 years since my high school days, so for the idea and even more for me to actually write, which I don't do is even more mind boggling.* Also playing my electric guitar a lot lately, haven't touched the guitar in years. Oh I wanted to mention I did not show the piece of leather I'm going to use for a cape, it's very nice. I'll post some pics of that, also the shield has leather all the way around the edge.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-30-2018, 12:00 AM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

HH, I meant to say that I LOVE the idea for a cape and one that unfastens would totally rock!!!!!

That's a lotta projects but maybe your mind is creatively inspired by moving from one type of project to the next! You're a creative dynamo

Thanks for the inspiration to get back to work! I'm off to start a new paint experiment

Looking forward to the pics...

Last edited by Pine Cone : 04-30-2018 at 12:07 AM.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2018, 03:24 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from New Zealand

Hello, thanks for updating us.
Has your niece seen yet?
Love your creation.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Thank selected, she hasn't seen it yet, its to be a surprise hope she likes it. Putting my hat back to the grindstone I may finish today!
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2018, 09:01 PM

little more progress, maybe its the weather thats making me drag... bleh i dislike tornado season.
this is the leather piece i was going to use, i say "was" because i set it aside and now i cant find it. Its driving me alittle crazy. I found this other piece of leather i thought oh thats it, but no, i checked my photos and nope they dont match, must find original piece of leather! The fur in the second pic i'm going to use at top of cape along with some clap on fur, give it a game of thrones look.
IMG_20180425_170012 (1) by honey hatter, on Flickr
IMG_20180501_194457 by honey hatter, on Flickr
the black claymore on right, i'm wondering if i should stick with sharks tooth or go straight edge.
here's a shot of the claymore i drew out on the metal flashing and cutty cutty.
IMG_20180426_155126 by honey hatter, on Flickr
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

So many decisions

It's so interesting to see the steps and pieces and bits along the way!

It's looking good, and I'll keep watching...
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 11:46 AM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

Wow, what a nice thread! I enjoyed the one on the polymer clay forum too! LOVE the raccoon night, and I, too, want to see Princess Stabby!

I've used Super Sculpey but it's been a while - and I"ve never heard of the Sculpey B&B. That might bring me back to Sculpey! It sounds amazing. I normally use plastilene (oil based clay that never hardens or dries out), but there's always a chance of my horse's legs bending or something else happening when I ship the raw clay piece all the way from Ohio to Oregon to be cast in bronze. If I sent a hardened piece, that would be a lot better.

Sorry for my delay in answering! Normally I'm right on top of things, but my gmail account decided to put WetCanvas postings in the "Promotions" folder, which I rarely open! Luckily I opened it today and got to enjoy these threads! Thanks for sharing your work and expertise, HH! And PC, some of your problems might be from your hands warming the clay too much. Wash your hands in cold water and then go back to work if the clay gets too smooshy. Or you might need to wait a while for the clay to harden (I stick things in the fridge to cool them quickly - or the freezer sometimes.) I haven't done that with Sculpey products in several years, so you might want to experiment rather than trusting my word about how it works to chill the clay for a while. I get crisper ears on my horses with cooled clay - you can get an amazingly smooth, shiny surface like you can using wax if you get the timing right between the fridge, work and warming things up.

Good luck with your work, both of you! Please keep us posted on your work! And welcome to our forum!
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-05-2018, 12:02 PM
WC! Guide
OH USA

Hails from United States

And I LOVE the pink on Princess Stabby's sword! Well done! I would love to see your niece's reaction when she sees her raccoon knight!
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-06-2018, 09:54 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Lynda - Thanks for the tips! I'm hoping to get the stuff bought this week, so if you hop back over to the Polymer Clay forum, and the thread I started there, in a few days, I hope to post a pic. Hopefully I'll be able to do this following the incredible instructions HH gave me over on that thread. I can't believe how worried I am about failing though - I keep getting these little panic attacks out of the blue In a few days, I'll post a pic though, even if I fail. One way or another, it will all work out
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

You do some really neat works! That coon is spectacular!
  #28   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 AM

Thanks everyone, inspiration abounds. Unfortunately so does my mind, I fly back and forth. Looks like my guitar is calling me again. Just a few finishing touches and I will be done! More steps in this piece than any I've ever done maybe even the diorama selfie... Cape. Stone for swords. Shield. Ohhhh and strap on back of shield. Lol more steps.

PC no worries, close your eyes. Imagine a crystalline pool of water, pristine, crisp, and clear. A droplet of water falls. *that droplet represents your panic attack* The droplet touches upon the water causing ripples to fan out, the water slowly smooths to a pristine sheet of glass.

Deep breath in, deep breath out, in... out...

This is my meditation trick I use to relieve stress, if you try I hope it calms your nerves and eases your mind.

Back to the grindstone.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-11-2018, 03:48 PM
Immortalized

Bronze Membership
Hails from United States

Those are meditation words to live by! Thank you so much - beautiful imagery

No more panic attacks now that it's done though. I hope you like how it turned out. I can't thank you enough for all you did to make it possible. But here on this thread, I want to say that I'm staying tuned, and can't wait to see more of the raccoon!