Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Pueblo 001

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Katie Black

Hi there, this is 20 x 30″ acrylic on board. CnCs.

Is the road okay? I feel like it’s not quite right but I don’t know why.

Do you think it needs another casita perhaps in the top right hand quadrant?

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

bluefish

I love it…..and it took awhile but I found your signature item….”washing(laurndy)”…:lol: :wave:

the color selection is very well coordinated…nice!…the only thing I would re-evaluate is the road leading upward…:rolleyes:

Love this one, Katie.

The road, to me, looks like it should change perspective as it passes in front of the houses…you’d see it more “edge-on” than from directly above.

Mark

Women and cats do as they please. Men and dogs may as well relax to it.
            Robert A. Heinlein

Gosh this is wonderful!! I love this style you are exploring right now.

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm." - Henry David Thoreau

Moderator Acrylics Forum~~~Reference Image Library

fedetony

cool style… Costarica is a beautiful place :)

Federico Garcia
                My Blog
                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Nice! Is this from a reference or imagination? If you don’t have a reference I would try to find something similar to compare the road to.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                Every painting is a new adventure.

gaykir

Just delightfully appealing. Wonderful depth and texture. I too found the laundry after a diligent search.

http://gaylekirbyart.blogspot.com/

Katie Black

Blue – I’ve decided the road is now a footpath :lol: but its still not quite right and I am going to tweak it and post it in the next couple of days.
                        wesley – I’m not sure what I will do with the road/footpath but I am going to change it.
                        Colin – thank Colin these are such fun to do.
                        fedet – yes CR is a lovely place with a wonderful climate
                        Laveder – all my work is from memory and imagination which works for me except when I do need a reference, like for a road.
                        gay – Yep, the laundry is for Blue :)

Katie Black Fine Art

I’m really liking this. That blue is wonderful. Well done.

About that road, I think this painting has that same Cezanne-playing-with-perspective look that I noted in another work you posted here. That being so, the road is more of a design element than a road in a landscape. Linear perspective says it would widen as it approached, but I’m not sure that matters.

It seems to end rather abruptly near the bottom of the scene.

A painting is never really done as long as I can get my hands on it.

Artchrispy

Wow Katie, this is outstanding. The road looks good to me except maybe at the bottom where it starts to curve (in front of the big white house) it may be out of perspective (like a flush wall rather than a receding plane. Great texture, color, subject, and rendering!

Christophervasil.com

Katie Black

Thanks Cliff and Arch…I’ve taken out the road and made it into a path…I will post manana

Katie Black Fine Art

Katie Black

Hi, I have taken out the road, it is now a path. I have added another house in the top right-hand quadrant, and have also added a flash of colour to one of the roofs. I hope you like it.

Katie Black Fine Art

bluefish

Hi Katie…..my eye goes to the red roof immediately, then to the curved path….if you are trying to emphasize the red roof, you have done so…but the curved path still draws my attention..if it were blacked out, you would still feel the roadway going back there, without being drawn there…

love it, but if it were mine, I’d do away with the curved path…just MHO…let’s see what other feedback you receive…:thumbsup: :wave:

Grampy

Wonderfully done, I like this very much Katie.
                                            Steve

Steve

Never regret doing what puts smiles on faces

Artchrispy

I like the changes. I could image the view from one of those mountain houses.

Christophervasil.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.