Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #577, Feb 21 – Mar 1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    eyepaint

Scavenger Hunt #577, Feb 21 – Mar 1

Welcome to the hunt!!

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Here are the rules for the hunt:

*All items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.

*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.

*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.

*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.

*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyways. Commenting is appreciated but not necessary.*

Scavenger Hunt #577 – this is a list provided by Pine Cone (thanks PC!)

your companion pet (challenge: two or more together)
        horse
        wildlife
        bird
        animal figurine
        cat
        squirrel
        plant or tree that you grew yourself (challenge: two or more together)
        popcorn
        tree
        wild reeds or grass
        flower
        favorite salad
        sea kelp
        outdoors boulder (challenge: two or more together)
        rock or crystal
        stars and/or moon
        metal
        pigmented paint
        seashell
        sand
        beach
        yard
        museum
        store or kiosk
        quiet spot to meditate

Have fun!

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Pine Cone, thanks for the list and EP, thanks for posting. Here we go…..

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Pine Cone

Thanks much EP!

I hope to participate this time around. I’ve had a look the last few days at what you all have been working on and everything is so lovely and inspiring!

Also, I went back to EP’s previous hunt and wanted to thank EP, Joan, Ai, Jo, Scatty, and Paul for your kind comments there. There were lots of inventive responses there and in all the events since! You guys are amazing :music:

:wave:

Hi Jo, we cross posted :lol: :wave:

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

eyepaint

Ok this is a quick first entry. Graphite on 5″x3″ pages

1. companion animal – this little guy stays with us occasionally – he’s sleeping curled up on a blanket on a dog bed that’s why it’s all so confusing

2. plant I grow myself – an aloe vera

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

Eye

EP : Thanks for jumping in to host. … Great start of our Hunt ;)

PineCone: Thanks for your handy list.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Eye

#1 animal figurine — a tiny wood craft turtle in my office… done with Microsoft Paint with a mouse about 20 minutes.

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Pine Cone

EP, aww, your visiting sweetie steals my heart :heart: Something about the warm simplicity of his nap is quite touching, and your aloe is beautiful as well.

Ai, very cool turtle! Vibrant colors… and look at that face!!! She has a wondering, inquisitive look that is very special :)

Scattykat

…Nice list PC, thanks…
                                EP, sweet snoozin’ doglet, and ‘cool’ plant, is its other name ‘mother in law’s tongue’….
                                Ai, love that bright turtle, made me smile…

Scatty ....
                                ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

m50paul

Pine Cone nice list looks like fun….

EP: Congrats for being first your little pet friend looks very comfy and warm. To me he looks like he is digging in for the long haul no more just visiting. Nice plant great that you grew it yourself. Not sure I have ever grown anything :o

Ai: Your little animal is a cutie, well done and very colorful

Paul

C & C Always Welcomed

Eye

Thanks everyone for your kind comments on my little turtle.

Here is the real mini wooden turtle.

Ai

EP, sweet. Nice visitor and good to have aloe.

Ai, Ha, love that turtle. Fun and touchable.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Ai – thank you. What a cute turtle!!

PC – thanks again for the list and your kind comments on my quick sketches

Scatty – thank you. I always thought a snake plant (sansevieria) was a Mother-in-law tongue?

Paul – thank you. Yes he has been here enough times that he feels like this is his holiday home.

Jo – thank you :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Scattykat

Ai, that turtle is just so sweet…:heart:
                                                EP, you could be right, I remember it had nasty spikes on the end of the leaves…:clear:

…I did these ATC size, 3.5 x 2.5 inches, ink n watercolour, about 30 mins…
                                                1 cats, another little charity shop find…

2 wildlife, a snail, it’s a key holder but I don’t use it as such…

…here they are…

:cat: :wave:

Scatty ....
                                                ..................all things come to those who dreamzzzzzzz...[/COLOR]

eyepaint

Scatty – those items are just the cutest! Love the expression on the cats’ faces – like they ate something sour :)

-- EP Moderator for:

Pine Cone

Paul and Jo and EP :wave:

Ai, adorable figurines — they make a unique family all together that way :heart:

Scatty, beautifully textured watercolor cats, zowie! And I love the way they snuggle in together :heart: A tender portrayal :heart: And your zen snail is similarly wonderful. What adorable finds from your shops!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.