Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Chuck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kipatl

9×12″ oil on canvas panel. A 6 hour study. I might work on the hair & beard more. What do you think?

Tony11214

Wow! Nice.

fingertrouble

Very good. Yes as someone with a beard and doing self-portraits at the moment, I’d say work a little more on the beard – I’d say the hair is fine.

If it’s grey/white hair, then remember that those have all sorts of colours in them i find – it’s not just ‘grey’ but blues, purples, browns, all sorts of colours.

But then again I am very fauvist/Monet in my approach – I just tried doing a background with black and scrubbed it off. I really don’t like black, only mix with white because with oils it’s necessary but feel black ‘muddies’ everything!

Watercolour, Life drawing/painting, pen work, portraits and oils. Getting back into the groove! https://www.tjbaker.co.uk
                ntl

Beautiful drawing, beautiful painting! Eyes and mouth are wonderful!

Lovely well painted portrait! Good Job :thumbsup:

Angel :angel:
                    Website Makeover Coming! This is available now.
                    http://www.artist-bythesea.com/

Dcam

Hi Kip: this is very nice. Might be a bit heavy on the whites. Tone them down a bit? Blend in?
                        I like it.

kipatl

I agree with your White comment, but I was tired & gave it to Chuck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.