Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor The Learning Zone Real manganese blue PB 33 is back?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Berner

I recently discovered the joys of the color manganese blue but had thought the “real” manganese blue (PB-33) granulation and all was no longer made. However according to the Dick blick website, Old Holland PB33 Manganese blue is due in stock on 7/21.

Thanks.

Monichetta

Ooooo I hope they’ve got that right, I had assumed I’d never get the chance to try it unless it turned up as part of a deseased estate bulk buy on eBay!

And right in time for my birthday too!

Thanks for posting this.

'Art is an experience, not an object.'
            ~ Robert Motherwell

from handprint: … I don’t feel the pricey, dingy Old Holland product is worth using.

I think I will pass on this blue for now.

It is only on a basis of knowledge that we can become free to compose naturally. -- Bernard Dunstan
            blog.jlk.net

LuckyLaura

Handprint isn’t doctrine. I’ve tried a couple brands of pb33 and I think OH is fine, better as a pan.

Handprint isn’t doctrine. I’ve tried a couple brands of pb33 and I think OH is fine, better as a pan.

…yes but $10+ for 6ml is pricey IMOSHO

It is only on a basis of knowledge that we can become free to compose naturally. -- Bernard Dunstan
                blog.jlk.net

wet rat

Apparently they didn’t get enough of it in. Next stocking will be 8/03. Berner, hope you were able to get a tube.

Failure is an opinion. Doing is not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.