Home Forums Explore Media Printmaking nature print

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mshaiku

Not much creating as it’s been a rough year, but thought I’d share a crop of a gelatin monotype from a couple months back. Hoping to experiment with more printmaking when the body permits ;).

Stay inspired! Michelle

Always celebrate the small successes to build confidence for tackling life's bigger challenges. :thumbsup:

Diane Cutter

That’s quite lovely with subtle colors and shapes.

mshaiku

That’s quite lovely with subtle colors and shapes.

Thanks for taking the time to view and comment Diane.

Stay inspired! Michelle

Always celebrate the small successes to build confidence for tackling life's bigger challenges. :thumbsup:

A really lovely print. I hope the next 12 months are creative for you.

bridog

apologies for not replying sooner as I too have been having a “rough year” (mine being health related)
                    admire the soft colour palette you have used

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work. Emile Zola

www.myprintmakingjourney.blogspot.com
                    visit my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/borealart

IanBertram

I love this one. I’ve just bought a gel plate and I’m looking forward to trying it. It must be catching but I’ve also got health issues and I’m hoping that the rapid and loose working possible will be easier than using my press.

Ian
                        Website - https://ianbertramartist.uk
                        Instagram: - https://www.instagram.com/ianbertramuk/
                        Facebook: - https://www.facebook.com/ianbertramartist/

mshaiku

Thanks theanimallover :). I hope so too.

Thanks bridog. Yep mine is health related as well. I hope your year turns around. The colours are turquoise and copper.

Thanks IanBertram. It is addictive. I make my own gelatin plates but also have a Gelli Plate. This print used block printing ink, but I’ve also used acrylic paint as well as Akua Intaglio Ink (though the drying time for Akua is much, much longer especially if you roll it out too thick). Enjoy experimenting.

Stay inspired! Michelle

Gloxy

A beautiful print-the colors are so gentle and quiet.
                                What paper do you find suits this type of printing? I’ve been using 140 lb rough watercolor paper and am not too happy with it. I’ve just started experimenting and have a lot to learn.
                                Hope you’re feeling better.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Seeking knowledge, truth and modest remuneration...

mshaiku

A beautiful print-the colors are so gentle and quiet.
                                    What paper do you find suits this type of printing? I’ve been using 140 lb rough watercolor paper and am not too happy with it. I’ve just started experimenting and have a lot to learn.
                                    Hope you’re feeling better.

Thanks for your kind words Gloxy. The paper used for this print was Subi Block Printing Paper. A smooth paper works better to get a good print. Have fun with printmaking.

Stay inspired! Michelle

Sonia

A beautiful result.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.