Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art May 2019 Fantasy Sci-Fi Challenge and Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    talisman

GUIDELINES:
        On the first of each month a subject, concept or idea will be posted in a thread entitled Fantasy Science Fiction Monthly Challenge and Chat.

All entries must be new original artworks for this challenge in any style or genre of Fantasy or Science Fiction done in any medium, 2D or 3D.
        Join in the discussion about the project – it’s friendly and fun to learn how others are coping/struggling/thriving!!! But no visual images! Help can be gained from asking but also from looking for resource materials elsewhere such as the Reference Image Library or best of all your own wonderful imagination!
        A ‘reveal’ date for all is 21th of the month, feel free to post till the end of the month, then a new Challenge will be posted.

Please post the finished artwork on this thread at that time.

Angels and Demons

You could do Angels or Demons or both, have fun!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
        C and C always welcome.
        My DeviantArt Gallery

vanity

I immediately thought about doing a piece that would be a bit of an homage to the artwork in Disciples:Sacred Lands (a old TBS game). It had some of the best artwork I’ve ever seen in any game, although it’s hard to find nowadays (the game wasn’t very popular. the sequel fared a bit better iirc). We shall see.

https://www.instagram.com/clay_and_ink/
            https://www.deviantart.com/whitewillows
            Formerly vanity

Another great idea!

Vanity, I couldn’t remember that one so I googled it, there are quite a few youtube videos about that game. One is hours long! The graphics are really good, hard to believe it’s that old.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

vanity

I don’t think too many people remember it. It was overshadowed by HoM&M and other, similar series and fell into obscurity after the disaster that was Disciples 3 ( which the series never recovered from).

Either way, I already know what my submission will be, although I don’t know if I’ll be able to draw something at least somewhat comparable to the original sketch in terms of linework quality…

Formerly vanity

Hmm, I might actually have an idea for this one.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                Every painting is a new adventure.

Snow_tabby

How nice! Actually I’m currently working on a vector that’s angel related. I actually started it sometime before Easter. Its in two phases. Number one was completed just before Good Friday. Phase 2 may take a little longer. Kind of hoping to finish it this month. Its pretty elaborate. 🤞
                    So you guess it it has to do with the Easter season. Its basically a vector in the style of a carved Easter egg with an “He has risen” theme. So basically it has the burial rock/cave and an beholder angel in the design.

So hopefully I’ll finish it before the month is out. Almost finished with the colouration versions but there is a lot of labeling and other to do still.

Well here’s a rough and quick drawing I made on the back of a reseat bill I made a while ago as a sneak peak.

Since then its been fixed up. :cat:

WoodyWelch

WOW! I finished mine today….on the first!!! Painted a demon…..calls to mind the lyric from the song that Johnny Rivers sang…Secret Agent Man….”A pretty face can hide an evil mind….” Supernatural overtones included. :clap: :evil:

Snow tabby, were you buying art supplies at the Dollarama? :lol: But remember, no pictures until the 21st.

Well there you are Woody, you’ve been quiet. You did yours in one day or it just happened to coincide with something you were already doing?

mkmcreations.com

talisman

I’m glad to see so many people here this month!
                            Still working on that commission, I think I’m done.
                            Waiting to see if the client thinks so too.:crossfingers:

C and C always welcome.
                            My DeviantArt Gallery

WoodyWelch

Snow tabby, were you buying art supplies at the Dollarama? :lol: But remember, no pictures until the 21st.

Well there you are Woody, you’ve been quiet. You did yours in one day or it just happened to coincide with something you were already doing?

When it comes to “demons” and such, I’m in it to win it. My life has been filled with monsters and pretty girls so when a challenge comes up that is in my wheelhouse, so to speak, I just can’t let that opportunity pass me by. :evil:

Snow_tabby

Oh not at that time. 🙂
                                    But have purchased in the past.

Still working on this project. Still much to be worked on and won’t be shown until ready since I make money on this. Usually….😒

Actually I have another angel related thing not in a carved Easter style egg theme. Its of a valentine cherub. Cute, funny and a bit bare bottomed. 🤭But I will show it at the right time as you asked. Besides I have to dig it up first. 🤔

Snow Tabby, I like your recycled paper for your sketch! I love quick sketches like that, it shows so much energy. (and I wish we had a Dollarama here, we have a dollar store but nothing is a dollar!)

Woody, I can’t wait to see what you’re doing! :angel: :evil:

Glad you’re done with the commission, Dianne. That’s a lot of work. I get so wrung out doing commissions, I don’t know why, but they get to me.

Vanity, I think your drawing is so unique and beautiful, it’s going to be so cool to see you do your thing with those characters.

Hi Lavender, nice to see so many people this month. :)

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                                    Find me on Instagram
                                    Find me on Facebook

vanity

Vanity, I think your drawing is so unique and beautiful, it’s going to be so cool to see you do your thing with those characters.

Thank you ! Much to my surprise, I’ve already finished it. I can’t say it’s as good as the og artwork in terms of linework, but I’m quite happy with it..

Formerly vanity

We have that kind of dollar store to Virginia.

Wow Vanity, you’re on the ball. But now you have the long wait until reveal.

mkmcreations.com

talisman

I have an idea or three for this….now I need to narrow it down.:lol:

C and C always welcome.
                                            My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.