Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    laf.art

Never thought I’d be typing that:) not being much of a tech person. I’ve been a very lucky girl and am now the owner of a Samsung Galaxy tablet A6 10.1 with an s. pen and am now looking for the best drawing app for it, hope one of you can help

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
        Instagram laf.abstracts

contumacious

A few years ago I looked at everything that was out there and decided I liked ArtRage the best. With the S-Pen it works quite well. I don’t think I would enjoy it nearly as much without the pressure sensitive stylus. It simulates drawing in pencil, pastel, ink and a few more mediums, as well as a fairly nice looking oil painting mode. I didn’t particularly like the watercolor setting but some people have produced some nice images with it. It is $5 for the Android and $80 for your PC. I think I paid $49 for the PC version (the price went up). It works even better on a Windows tablet with a pressure sensitive stylus than on the Android, but the price is a bit high in my view. I don’t think I would buy it today at $80 unless I really needed it for something but I use it quite often since it is installed on all my devices.

A google search of mostly drawing images done with ArtRage

This link has several other apps that look interesting. They don’t mention ArtRage for some reason which to me is an oversight since it is one of the top art apps out there.

https://www.popsci.com/best-digital-drawing-tools-apps#page-6

laf.art

Thanks for this Contumacious – I’ll have a look at the links

Instagram laf.abstracts

john

Interesting. I also just got that tablet and have not yet explored the drawing. I can see it helping my drawing skills, which need it.

Katie Black

This is interesting because although I can’t help you with your question (clueless)I am interested as I have been promised a tablet next month :clear:

I just looked at the price of the Samsung Galaxy tablet A6 10.1 and they seem quite reasonable, although I had hoped that they were cheaper…I guess you get what you pay for.

Katie Black Fine Art

"Life is far too important to be taken seriously." - Oscar Wilde

john

I’m really liking mine. I have it right next to the painting on the easel and can expand the photo to the size on the painting. It’s almost like having the scene right there. I can do pseudo plein air but take my time with it. I’m surprised how much it is helping. The display is very nice.

laf.art

Yes, I agree John the display is very nice, last night I had a little play with the pen, it’s fun to draw with – I can imagine it being very useful for sketching outside.
                                Katie My other half is very tech minded and a good researcher, he’s probably spent a month checking these tablets out :) so I think it must be value for money

Instagram laf.abstracts

ronsu18

since there are beginner voices here, i want to share one thing that transformed my digital drawing. my teacher said to use the eraser consciously, not for mistakes but as a pen. depending on gear the eraser is more or less adjustable tool and can both speed up you drawing and make it more varied with ease.
                                    (for instance, use a hard pen line with a soft eraser – you can imagine.)

C&C welcome

laf.art

Yes using the eraser as a tool in it’s own right can create some really interesting stuff.
                                        I have to say I’m really enjoying using Artrage and as soon as I learn how to upload :) I’ll let you see a couple of paintings

Instagram laf.abstracts

zimou13

ArtFlow is one of the more in-depth drawing apps. Its main claim to fame is the ridiculous number of brushes it provides. You can use one of the 70 brush, smudge, and other tools to make your artwork shine. It also features layers and includes layer blending. You can export to JPEG, PNG, or even PSD so you can import it into Photoshop later. To top things off, you’ll have access to Nvidia’s DirectStylus support if you’re rocking an Nvidia device. It’s a solid all-around option for both kids and adults. You can download it for free to try it out.

john

Dumb question. I would like to “paint” over a photo of a real painting to see how things might look if I did it for real. Should I use a drawing app or a photo app? Which one? Using my Samsung android tablet.

anngrant

Procreate is amazing. I can’t use money so I use Autodesk Sketchbook. Autodesk sketchbook works fine for me.

eddieurbano

I use Artflow,I find it cheap and quite good.

Ted B.

If you have a Samsung Galaxy, the Galaxy Apps store has a version of Sketckbook that’s free for Galaxy users that has many of the functionalities of the paid-version. And it’s free….

Radical Fundemunsellist

Does anyone know of an app or software that can read a scan photo and then show me the palette of the color pencils needed? I have seen this in some app and can’t find it. Thanks for any help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.