Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Work in progress..in the woods

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jaime9526

Work in progress…off and on since 2016, no reference, graphite (mainly mechanical pencils) a3 on printer paper. Reaching the terrified things may go wrong stage…I grab Time here and there while being a stay at home Dad and MA student.
        There’s a digitally tinkered/finished version (basically I used a few multiply layers, and some texture brushes to block stuff in on my iPad) on my deviantart site.
        Any advice? Critique? Or…a decent photo ref I can use for her hand and foot xD it’s driving me potty.

Well, this is going to be outstanding…

talisman

This is fantastic as is, I can’t wait to see the finished work.
            Great details and textures on the organic matter behind her legs, so cool!
            Love the little owl also.
            Welcome to the Fantasy and Sci-Fi forum!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
            C and C always welcome.
            My DeviantArt Gallery

Hi, nice to meet you. I’ve added the butt icon, please be sure to use it for any nudes. It’s under the Advanced reply text box.

This is looking good. We have a Reference Image Library, where you can check to see if there’s any photos of hands or feet to help you out.

There’s a lot of great detail in this,I would add some darker darks, to really make it pop.

Looking forward to seeing more.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

Jaime9526

Hi, nice to meet you. I’ve added the butt icon, please be sure to use it for any nudes. It’s under the Advanced reply text box.

This is looking good. We have a [URL=www.wetcanvas.com/RefLib]Reference Image Library[/URL], where you can check to see if there’s any photos of hands or feet to help you out.

There’s a lot of great detail in this,I would add some darker darks, to really make it pop.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks…she is wearing adornments though, so didn’t think it was nude (bikini level basically.) You are right about the darks. Am struggling as to whether to apply a workable fixative now so I can layer, or wait until everything is done before layering up the graphite.

Jaime9526

Well, this is going to be outstanding…

Thanks. It’s unusual for me to spend such a long time and keep returning to a drawing, so this is a departure for me.

Jaime9526

This is fantastic as is, I can’t wait to see the finished work.
                        Great details and textures on the organic matter behind her legs, so cool!
                        Love the little owl also.
                        Welcome to the Fantasy and Sci-Fi forum!

Thanks!

I can’t find the multi quote option if there is one…

There’s a couple other creatures and Easter eggs hidden in there.

graphicali

The detail in background is great, looks like this will turn out well. I do agree that it would benefit from more darks.

By the way one way of getting more tooth in the paper before starting to draw is to put a coat of clear gesso on, you can get more layering that way. Applying it with a roller helps to smooth out some of the texture.

One small thing that bothers me is the left side of her nose, as I am viewing it, so her right side, if that makes sense!

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
                            Jaime9526

The detail in background is great, looks like this will turn out well. I do agree that it would benefit from more darks.

By the way one way of getting more tooth in the paper before starting to draw is to put a coat of clear gesso on, you can get more layering that way. Applying it with a roller helps to smooth out some of the texture.

One small thing that bothers me is the left side of her nose, as I am viewing it, so her right side, if that makes sense!

Clear gesso isn’t gonna work for me on printer paper (or where I can work)
                                But I do have a spray can of workable fixative (I also have that degas pump can one, but that always seems to make things too wet) but have never used it midway on a drawing before (I used to use hairspray at the end)

The nose…yup…too much shade, probably from when I was trying to get her facial features sorted…will take an eraser to it.

Jaime9526

https://jaime9526.deviantart.com/art/Magick-in-the-Dark-Wood-731763962

That’s the digitally ‘finished’ version, I drew overthe top…really it’s just a way to get over the ‘when will I finish this’ hump, but it sort of shows intent. Apparently my original is too big to upload here, and I can’t resize it on iPad.

I am not sure this will be the final direction of the physical media piece, and I have no idea how to get it all as dark as that version (I duplicated the pencil drawing on multiply layers, and erased to get shading and depth as well as darkening my drawing.)

I have derwent onyx..mars…all the dark pencils, but am not sure how well it’s blending and working, and don’t want to mix graphite and charcoal.

Boafamily

There are beautiful things to explore all over this fine piece.

Jaime9526

There are beautiful things to explore all over this fine piece.

Thanks. I did take some inspiration from the books of my childhood…Masquearde, stuff like that. So there’s a few hidden things.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.