Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air Looking for Used Open Box M

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profi9le

I’m wondering if anyone has an Open Box M in good shape they’d like to part with? I am more interested in the palette/panel holder; I don’t need the box to hold stuff in. You can e-mail me at [email][email protected][/email]

Michael Chesley Johnson AIS MPAC PSA
        www.MChesleyJohnson.com

boomerbeach

NO! :lol:

boomerbeach in SoCal:wave:

Profi9le

:)

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

tuzigoot

No, but I have a bridge you might be interested in.

[FONT=Garamond]- Linda .......... [FONT=Garamond]C/C always welcome!
                    [FONT=Garamond]I started with nothing - I still have most of it left.
                    My website - www.flanaganstudio.com

Profi9le

Too heavy.

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

Profi9le

Still looking.

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

Revilo

Not, a shil but I just purchased a pochade from here:

http://www.artworkessentials.com/%5B/URL%5D

And really like all of the thoughtfully designed features. They ship really fast. The built-in panel holder is nice to have.

Comments always welcome.
                                See my WebLog and Gallery:
                                http://ronaldleeoliver.com

Profi9le

I have a couple of the Artwork Essentials boxes and like them. But I would like the Open Box M, too, since it is very stripped down….

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

Profi9le

OK, I have broken downand ordered one. Can’t wait!

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

rkcim

Guess I missed you. I make some simple very stripped down pochade boxes. After painting plein air for sometime this is what I use a lot. Here’s a photo of what I use. I sold a couple already at some workshops I taught last year. I make them out of maple and birch, lexan type clear plastic for the palette removable. Can hold one panel as long as the paint on the palette is out of the way. I carry a panel holder in a seperate bag. Everything else fits in the backpack including tripod.

Profi9le

Looks interesting – how much? You can PM me if you want. Not sure I have the cash for one just yet, but I always like to try new boxes.

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

timonsloane

I’d be interested in a used open box too (in case anyone comes across this thread). In particular, I’d like a small one (8×10, 10×12 or so).

Profi9le

Great minds think alike, eh?

www.MChesleyJohnson.com

timonsloane

I’m just following your lead Michael :-)

rkcim

There $100 for the Pochade box and I also make the Panel Holders in anysize, they hold 5 panels each(includes masonite, and canvas panels)

I made the lid support arm so it’s one piece and when you close the lid it doesn’t protrude. It’s custom machined out of brass on a Milling Machine. These Pocahde Boxes are really strong and can tack a beating. All glued using Garrila Glue. It can hold a 11×14 panel or stretched canvas, using the bungee chord system, works great, fast, its simple and I’ve never had a problem with it. Attaches to quick release plate and becomes extremely easy to attach and take off your tripod. I hang my gear bag with my paint tubes etc in the bag and on windy days i put a 10lb weight in the bottom of the bag. Solid as a rock in gust of 30mph winds on beach. Not sure on the rocks though but it’s been real windy on the day I painted some of the other plein air paintings. It can hold a 8×10 panel with lid closed and still clear the paint on the perimeter of the palette. I make the Pochade box with Maple and Birch plywood, however for a even lighter box I can substitute Red Oak for the Maple. The box weighs about 5lbs depending on what wood is used.

Thanks,
                                                                Randall
                                                                http://www.KirbysArt.blogspot.com :thumbsup:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.