Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Steampunk City Illustration for a Birthday Present

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shimiharu

Hey, everyone!

The teenager is back with more illustrations. Overall, I’m actually really happy with it, because I think the city looks like it’s glowing but…then again, it’s off centre.

Some thoughts and a bit of background:
        So…the reason I painted this is that we’ve been writing a story together, my friend and I. It’s in a fantasy world and this city is called Laborox, the beautiful place that works on idealist communism and runs on steam, magic and technology. So the reason why it’s supposed to look so…ethereal is that I wanted it to be a very positive and bright spin off of steampunk. Then again, only one friend of mine has called it heavenly. There’s much more to it, but it’s better to leave the details up to speculation. Hope you enjoy looking at it if you’re visiting this thread already.

[ATTACH]856858[/ATTACH]

It was created mostly with watercolour, a bit of metallic gouache and a couple of lines and touch ups with metallic pencils.

Have a great day, everyone.

Retiree

I really don’t know much about Steampunk art, but I quite like this. Can’t wait to see more.

IsobelW

Great picture!

I like it, too, Shimiharu, and welcome to WetCanvas!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Johndk

:cool: :thumbsup:

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

Welcome to Wet Canvas and the Watermedia Forum!
                    I don’t know much about Steampunk either, but I do like this!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.