Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Study of an Alfred Sisley Work

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ale2018

Hello friends!
        This canvas is an oil painting in an interpretation of Port Marly White Frost-1872 by Alfred Sisley.
        Size: 30 cm x 40 cm (15,7 x 11,8 in).
        I didn’t paint a copy properly, because I wanted to show more drama to the scene. Fans of an amateur.
        Reviews are welcome.
        Thank you so much!

Alexandre George
        Just an amateur artist trying to learn the noble art!

Dcam

Beautiful: for aerial perspective, you might want to tone down the brilliant orange trees way off on the shore background?
            Great sky and nice texture.
            Derek

Ale2018

Hi Derek!
                Thank you for your opinion.
                This is my dilemma. :confused:

I thought about smoothing ( “sfumato” ) them keeping the orange tone, but a doubt arose about it. Would it be more interesting to darken a little more? Although the light reaches this area in full.
                What is your opinion?
                Once again I thank you!

Alexandre George

Dcam

Think intensity…..not light or dark. Subjects in the distance loose intensity of color.
                    Also, according to Cezanne warm colors advance and cool colors recede.

Ale2018

Think intensity…..not light or dark. Subjects in the distance loose intensity of color.
                        Also, according to Cezanne warm colors advance and cool colors recede.

:thumbsup:
                        Hi Derek!
                        Then I will only apply sfumato.
                        As soon as I have a time I will correct and post the change!
                        A hug!

Alexandre George

Ale2018

I hope to have improved the atmospheric perspective as per Derek’s guidance.
                            Thank you friend!

Alexandre George

Phranque

Well done! I really like it. The toning down of the orange in the far trees was good advice, and you did it successfully.

Critiques and comments are always welcome.

Ale2018

Well done! I really like it. The toning down of the orange in the far trees was good advice, and you did it successfully.

I’m very flattered by your compliment! :heart:
                                    Thank you so much.
                                    A big hug!

Alexandre George

Ale2018

Alexandre George

Raffless

Im a big Sisley fan. Your going in the wrong direction if your trying to emulate him. Not sure if you are though as you haven’t stated this. Remember to stay true to the style if you are.

Ale2018

Im a big Sisley fan. Your going in the wrong direction if your trying to emulate him. Not sure if you are though as you haven’t stated this. Remember to stay true to the style if you are.

:thumbsup:

I didn’t paint a copy properly, because I wanted to show more drama to the scene.

Thank you so much!

Alexandre George

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.