Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Saturday 21st July 2018 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I’m late, but where is everybody?

A little rain overnight, which is good but more hot weather on the way :rolleyes:

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Evening doug and all who follow, should I not stay awake.

Clear cold day today. Went to finish chipping the poinsettia branches (Roger pulled the cord to avoid an odd woman screaming in the front yard) and it sprung a leak and conked out. Petrol. Bugger. Such is the life of a Simpson. :clear: First of three new things to go wrong.

Then I jumped upon the branches and beat them up and placed them tidily on garden beds under the parent trees. Ashes to ashes I say. The branches are quite brittle under somewhat enormous force. I did select a few and plant them along the drive. Mower and catcher will be out tomorrow. COuld have done it today, but hey, I’m retired. No point in having nothing to do tomorrow.

Cats of course ran inside at the sound of the “cat” chipper. :lol: They are well, fed and pleasantly plump. Have photos of dirt girls I will share tomorrow.

Big bonfire built in the backyard. Will have to do it soon before the really dry sets in and we can’t.

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Such is the life of a Simpson.

Hi Marge, I mean Annie ;) couldn’t Homer, I mean Roger fix it? :evil:

Doug

doppler

Be very careful Doug :lol:

When he was a flying instructor one student called him Homer, once.

I don’t care. I want to be Bart.

Annie
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

:angel:

Doug

shipbroker

Well eat my shorts Annie!

Up and out early now a few odd jobs in garden to sort before taking Claire to station, she is off to York,again, to meet friends,then Leeds and back tomorrow. She is with us till Thursday then back to Bangkok,apparently she is then off to Borneo for a short holiday, and half term in October to South Korea…gets around my daughter!

Grey but not cold.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

Good day all,

Periods of rain expected.

I have never watched even one episode of the Simpsons. Just never got around to it.

Geoff, the wanderlust is in her blood.

Off to market today.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

doppler

No Geoff , for obvious reasons. Urk

Bill you have missed the few good humours.

Annie
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

Good Morning all,
                        Just 7:00 a.m. here in overcast Oakwood. Good rain yesterday, more scheduled for today.

Need to find a subject and draw my next painting for art class on Monday today.

Lost our first ripe tomato to a squirrel yesterday. :( Larry will put our Hav-A-Heart trap out when the next one ripens and we’ll transport the vandal to Hills and Dales Park. :mad:

I’m like Bill, haven’t ever watched the Simpson’s Show. Thought you were all speaking an alien new language when I first joined the Wash this morning. :lol:

:wave: to all, time to get breakfast ready.

SYL,

Sylvia

:wave: everyone,
                        Overcast with a slight chance of showers. Another 29 degree day. There is also smoke in the air from one of the forest fires. They are all over the province almost all started by lightening in these dry conditions.

Our plans are going to garage sales this morning although there are only six, followed by the farmers market. Everyone is at a cottage who can go or don’t want to set up in the heat. My son’s family is coming with us then going to their camper for the weekend.

Not much else new here so I’ll start my day. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Brilliant sunshine and a high of 27C and it is already humid.

Scattered thunderstorms expected over the next four days. Scattered means they usually go around us.

I should water the garden but I am tired of it but I probably will, can’t just let everything die.

My new car is causing me a bit of a dilemma, as most of you know I smoke and I smoke in the car. This car looks like a totally new car, inside and out and I really don’t want to stink it up BUT I am a smoker – dilemma:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D:D I miss my old car, it was all stunk up and there was no dilemma:D

As with Char, the racoons are everywhere where food can be found. Toronto is totally overrun with them and now the poor things are becoming obese and diabetic because so much of the food they find in the garbage cans are fast food.

Sylvia, even all the fencing can’t keep them away:mad: They are stealing and eating the tomatoes that are growing in my pots too.

The Simpsons – a long time ago I watched one show and knew it was not for me. I like our human shortcomings to be pointed out in a slightly more elegant way:evil:

Nancy, I am sorry it is soooo terribly hot for you.

Char, good that your home away from home is all ready to go.

Steve, you have an excellent attitude, I bet you didn’t arrive there easily.

Darla, it will be nice to see Kaitlyn again. Is her new boyfriend also a student??

Anita, did you ever have that meeting with your new landlord??

Waving to you Geoff, Doug, Annie, Ellen and Bill!!!

Uschi

Good Morning Gang! It’s dark as the inside of a cow. “Don’t have a cow, man.” :cat: :lol: But with rain on the way, we need to turn on lights inside.

We enjoyed a short, powerful rain storm yesterday afternoon dropping nearly 1/2 an inch on the gardens. It’s not enough, but it’s wet. It rained a little during the night, but all the flat surfaces are already dry. Now we’re waiting for the next cloudburst. We live in hope.

I was able to nearly finish my rooster, yesterday, down in the Studio. When the lights went out, though, I remembered to click the light switches and made my way upstairs. Hydro out, satellite out, wifi out… it was only for a few minutes and we were back in the light. It was late enough in the afternoon that I didn’t go back down to the Studio.

So… today, I hope to finish my painting.

It’s the weekend, and laundry must be done today or tomorrow.

I’ve booked a few days away for us, next week. Just four days beginning on Thursday. I’ll need to restock the pantry and fridge in the RV because I had removed everything while it was in repair.

Hi Doug!

Annie, do you just drive the poinsettia cuttings into the ground? My father planted two weeping willow trees, one for myself and one for my sister, many years ago. They “took”.

Hi Geoff… :lol: As to Claire… the hellos are always so joyful and the goodbyes are hard.

Hi Bill!

Sylvia, sorry that you’ve lost your tomato! I noticed that our big porch plants have several that seemed to have instantly ripened. I’m always on the lookout for big fat green tomato worms.

Ellen, these fires are such a worry. The Okanagan in B.C. is also burning down. :(

Uschi, we are continuing to trap and move the coons. Thus far, they really have not caused any damage, but they can. Like all creatures on this earth, they just want to eat a good meal and create a safe place to live. Smoking in your new car? Don’t do it. :p

:wave: All yet to come… I wish the very best possible day for everyone!

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Bill

Hi Char.

Uschi, you know the solution. :)

Sylvia, it must be a gray squirrel thing. My fox squirrels just aren’t interested.
                                Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Good morning. Nothing planned for today since it is too hot to go anywhere. Best just to stay in the cool house, so I will be working on my new mini scene. I am quite happy with the finished bookcase dollhouse and will finish getting the clear plastic and molding once the weather cools off. The Texas dust will add a realistic element to the rooms.:lol:

Uschi, Hard decision to make.

Char, Have fun on your mini vacation. We are looking forward to our next one in two weeks, by then John will be in a walking boot. I have nicknamed him Chester since he walks funny.

Have a great weekend everyone!

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                                "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Back from the garage sales. The boys found lots of little toys and I found a red felt fall coat for $5. :thumbsup: It has a hood so I’ll feel like red riding hood in it. :lol: I got two scarves with it that aren’t my style but they are nice enough to pass on to someone else.

My pond is filling in with plants now. You can hardly see the waterfall. It always looks so bare in the spring. I have two waterlillies that popped up overnight and they are so white they almost glow. Here are a couple of photos.

I’m just waiting for the grass to finish drying and I’ll get that cut. Chores are waiting so I’m going to get to work.

www.ellenspalette.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.