Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk DAILY WASH Sunday March 22 – 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author

:wave:

I have been playing in my garden, I love it out there always something to see.

This Butcher Bird had a lovely long bath :)
    [antv]jMMtUgsCiG4[/antv]

One of my frilly orchids is flowering, wow, it has 7 buds on it.

I walked up to my girlfriends about 4 doors up, and we watched our church service live on her computer. hat was very uplifting.

:grouphug: Much love :grouphug:

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

Good morning all, we had a beautiful dawn.

So much fun to see birds bathing JJ.

The only trip it is to the pharmacy tomorrow to get Ruth’s medications.

Chicken casserole is the plan today.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening all.

Clumsy day today. :rolleyes: Nuff said.

Remember, she’ll be coming round the mountain ….:music: :lol:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Hi Annie, hope there are no bruises or breakages.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

:wave: everyone,
        I’ve been up since 3:30 when I was wakened with indigestion. Serves me right for eating red lick rice in the evening. It doesn’t happen often and I feel fine now. I might try getting a little more sleep.

We will go over to my son’s house today to bring Matteo his birthday present. I feel so bad that they had to cancel his party because of the isolation practices. He understands but it doesn’t help with his disappointment.

Nice to see pictures of gardens and birds.

No other plans today so we’ll see what turns up.

www.ellenspalette.com

Bill

Good day all,

Morning is breaking and time to feed Ms. Feral.

JJ, lovely little video.

Annie, have you looked at your pencils lately?

Chicken casserole sounds good, Doug. I’ve been cooking casseroles too. It stretches the meat for the duration. There seems to be very little meat available. Due to hoarders I imagine. I understand that freezers are hard to come by too. Too bad hoarders.

I always plan a lot but just don’t seem to complete the list. Paperwork and filing today.

Later,
            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

doppler

Yeah Bill, en route to feeding the cooking fats in their favorite spots. They don’t eat otherwise. Difficult for me but hey. They be cats. They don’t care much but do appreciate the effort. Bit. Have you seen a cat with a sardonic smile? Ms feral is too polite to do that. And besides she is totally madly in love with you.

I didn’t stop on the errand except to register that … there they are! Pencils not fats.

Annie
                "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                Steven Wright
                My Flickr Site

A good Sunday to all…..yesterday turned out beautiful, today it’s overcast with rain moving in for the next 2 days. Thinking lumber inventory would be a good task today just in case a small ark is needed………..

Expecting our Governor to announce a “total lock down” in the State, today or tomorrow morning……

No big plans today, short of a daily work out….read that as 5 miles on the recumbent bike, my isometrics with the resistance bands and light weights and the Tai Chi routine………then some good tunes on the studio CD player, some sketching, surely a nap………Lisa has to go in to work today and update the rest of her cases with documentation on what has been done or what hasn’t been done and why. She has been working (over the computer) with the 2 Prosecutors in her Courtroom to “flush” as many cases as possible…….meaning resolve with pushed out report dates, probation, plea agreements, bail reductions, etc., etc. with the hope of decreasing the lock up numbers as much as possible……..jails and prisons are going to be the next hot spots for this virus.

The cats are plotting nefarious actions…..I better feed them. Meds, breakfast and such is calling……….Greetings to all (can’t get the image of Annie “coming round the mountain” out of my head)…….Be good, do good…..be safe.

Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

kayakartist

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Steve…We seem to inhabit the same stomping grounds…I even have family in the memphis area & lived in tenn for awhile. That is a beautiful part of the country. I agree that florida has been pretty much ruined…Lorida, however, is like going back to the 40’s. Still has only cattle ranches, a post office & bait shop & Trail’s End hasn’t changed a bit.

JJ, your garden is awesome…loved the bird bathing video.

Doug, you sound like quite the cook…your wife is a lucky girl.

Getting stir crazy…so bad that I’m going to clean out my clothes closet!

Have a good day all.

Maribeth

kayakartist

Nancy…I did look at your miniatures on facebook & wow…they are incredible! What a talent you have.

Maribeth

Uschi

Good Morning!!

-8C right now but will warm up to 1C and it is bright and sunny, not a cloud in the sky.

The teacher from my sketching course has set up a Facebook site for us to do homework, haven’t checked it out yet but I will.

Yesterday I cleaned out the shelf that was filled with pots and bags of spices that I will no longer be using so I cleaned that out, then son and dog came to visit for a couple of hours, then I shopped for DIL’s parents who are still in isolation.

I went at six in the evening because that is when it usually is the least busy, yesterday there were about 10 people in the store and 5 of them were employees busily doing shopping for other people. As for the roads one would have thought it was Christmas morning, a lot of people must be working from home.

JJ, lovely video and I so enjoy seeing the colour green in your garden!!!! Haven’t seen that colour in ages. Your orchid is just gorgeous!!!

Annie, :) now you have me singing that song and very appropriate!!!! I hope the clumsiness didn’t do much harm. Those pencils must be scary:)

Ellen, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Matteo, a shame about the party. I just read about your open door garage, I hope the pipes didn’t get busted.

Maribeth, I am glad you joined us!! You have had an exciting life!!

Sharon, you are well stocked!!! I hope your back is feeling better!!

Betty, gosh I thought you were younger than that, with your curling, how on earth do you get up and down with ease on that ice:eek: :thumbsup:

Kay, :clap: for your Olympic laundry event!!!! Good links, really enjoyed the high school kids!! How wonderful that you are doing so well with your walking!!!

Lynn, sorry you are having problems with your monitor.

Lynn/LC, wonderful that you are so delighted with your namesake’s find!! I love a lot of the opera arias but not the opera itself. Having said that, your description of the behind the scene events sound really interesting.

Char, yesterday I was hoping your internet didn’t go down again, glad all is well!! We may be X posting right now because this is taking me forever. Are you learning more interesting stuff in class???

Steve, there are a lot of snowbirds coming north in both our countries, let’s hope most of them will listen and stay in quarantine.

:wave: to you Doug and Bill!!

Uschi

Good Morning all,
                            It is almost 9:00 a.m. in still cool but sunny Oakwood. :D Larry is out for his walk and will go to DLM in a bit to pick up a paper for me. We decided not to go shopping today because it will be less crowded tomorrow when those who are still going to work won’t be there. ;)

I’m still working on my DIL’s birthday card. The first one didn’t turn out the way I wanted so I’ve drawn a new one to start on today. :rolleyes:

We’re having sausage (bangers) and cabbage and potatoes (colcannon) done the Italian way with pancetta, olive oil, and garlic for dinner tonight. :D

Annie, I’m glad you didn’t reinsure yourself. :)

JJ, Beautiful flowers and birds. Thanks for showing them. I have an orchid plant I have been faithfully watering since last year after its last bloom died. I keep hoping I’ll see a sign of rejuvenation one day, hasn’t happened yet though.

Happy Birthday to your GS Matteo, Ellen. Hard for him to understand why his party had to be cancelled probably.

:wave: to Doug, Steve, Maribeth, Bill, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

FLNH

Although I used to be a semi-regular washer, I have not posted nor read the Wash for many months. No real reason, just life. I have been painting regularly until recently…just can’t seem to do it. As most of you know, I live in Coral Gables, Fl a nice small city a little south of Miami. We also have a home on a lake in central New Hampshire where we spend several months each year…we are the opposite of Canadian snowbirds.

I have been concerned about Covid-19 since first reading about it…partly because I am a physician, partly because I worry about everything. We decided to return to NH earlier this year mostly because we feared that the 1700 mile drive would be more difficult later; and we did not want to spend hurricane season in Miami. We had been mostly isolating ourselves in FL for several weeks and do have adequate supplies of stuff. We are now in NH with Sophie, our 4lb poodle.

From the beginning, I was mostly concerned about the economic and societal costs of the virus. The medical aspects are frightening but almost everyone will survive; not so sure of our institutions, regardless of nationality. Personally, my wife and I are elderly but we have had wonderful lives. Not fatalistic but my children and grandchildren are my major sadness and I can’t do anything about it…they are pretty geographically scattered.

I started reading the Wash again a few days ago. So saddened by June’s death. I always admired both her artistic talent and her valiant struggle with her later years.

I also realized I did not see any of the usual posts from Shipbroker and was shocked to learn of Geoff’s passing.

I do not know if I can contribute much to the Wash, but I just wanted to thank everyone who has made my life more colorful and my understanding of other countries more complete.

Karl
                                Florida, New Hampshire
                                USA

kayakartist

Karl, it is good that you left Coral Gables early…Miami area is a mess with spring breakers & crowds in general. You are lucky to have a beautiful lake home in NH to return to…I remember a painting of it that you posted in the wc gallery…it is lovely.

Maribeth

w/c nana8

Good morning, all!

Welcome, Maribeth! Sounds like a lovely quiet life in such a crazy state. My husband would join you fishing in a heartbeat!

Where is Marshall, our other Floridian?

Nothing much going on today for us, but getting to ready to ‘do’ church.

Thanks for the video, JJ. That’s quite a large bird who thoroughly enjoyed itself. Still trying to get my orchid to rebloom—it’s been years. I probably need to repot it. Not being home to tend to my plants, my OH has a tendency to drown everything, even the succulents and African violets. I hope eternally that he will stick his finger in the soil and check the moisture, but….

Ellen~ it’s so disappointing that Matteo’s party was cancelled. At his age, the party is the most important. By the way, I read a blurb in Medscape about findings that corona virus can be shed in feces and those that contract covid with gi symptoms are sicker and possibly have a poorer outcome. Another reason to wash those hands for 20 seconds, especially for those with young children. I need to share that with my kids!

Annie, be careful. Don’t get impatient—you’ve come so far! At least move the pencils! :-)

We won’t run out of meat here, just veggies. I can’t get frozen broccoli, just a lot of pea here in the freezer. They’re not my favorite vegetable. I will have to figure out how to make them palatable with an online recipe search.

Church is starting soon, and I have to go down and put on coffee for mom and water for tea for my husband and me.

~ Carol

'We are too prone to engrave our trials on marble, and write our blessings in sand.' ~ Spurgeon
                                        C&C appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.