Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Thursday 20th February 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

20-02-2020!

Good morning all, another good night’s sleep :clap:

Art class this morning, I have to go early to open up and put the tables out, I’m the key monitor :)

Rain, rain and more rain expected :eek: I feel sorry for the people affected by flooding?

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

doppler

Good evening all.
        Ho hum.
        Nothing exciting today. Lots of physio but when lying down doesn’t feel active. Some muscles dispute this.
        Not much else.
        At least two more weeks.

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Hi Annie, this too shall pass, it’s a boring and painful time recovering from a serious break, but hopefully you will soon be back on your feet (literally). Two weeks seems an age in hospital., I never had more than 10 days with concussion after a motorcycle accident.

Look on the bright side, your grass will have grown and Roger will have to mow it for you :)

Doug

Good morning Doug and Annie! I am totally worn out by the debate tonight, and ruled out who I will not vote for tomorrow. The last man standing will get my vote.

Annie, I know that patience is a virtue, but we all need it when recovering from surgery. I had to tolerate Big Bertha for three months. You will find the strength to tolerate whatever is thrown your way! Just be thankful you are not in the US dealing with our health system.

Doug, Glad your sleeps are going so well. The 4” foam toppers are miracles for old bones like ours!!!

Have a great day everyone, I will be off to bed shortly.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Marshall

Good morning Doug, Annie and Nancy. Its 61 here. Not much happening today.

New Publix grocery store opening up so we are going to the grand opening. Chris will have lunch with her boss then after that we are going to get cupcakes for the people she works with for tomorrow. Tomorrow is her last day of work then comes RETIREMENT.

With Rachel’s knee surgery scheduled for the 5th it has delayed most of our travel plans but we do have a week bookedin the mountains around Asheville NC. We will be staying at the Sourwood Inn[/URL].We have spent the first week of November there the last 3 years. This will be our first pring trip and we leave one month from today. That will give us a couple of weeks to help out Rachel after the surgery.

Hi to those who come later.

Stay safe.

Marshall
            Living the retired life in NE Florida

Uschi

Good Morning!!

Cold night and a pretty cold day, I think a high of -6C.

Senior Centre committee meeting in the morning and because it is

Thursday = Cake and Scrabble day, Super Baker is hosting:thumbsup:

Doug :thumbsup: for another good night’s sleep. I wonder, did Geoff ever try the memory foam????

(((((((Annie)))))) Every day in every way you are getting better and better!!!!

Kay, pots and pans are looking great, I have a pot that looks just like that with the same drainage holes.

JJ, :crossfingers: :crossfingers: that all is well with the mole and that your cough is getting better.

:wave: to you Nancy and Marshall!!

Uschi

:wave: everyone,
                Sunny and blue skies but the windchill is -33. :rolleyes: I’m looking forward to the next few days with highs around freezing. It will feel like spring. Still about 2 months until real spring.

The gym is first then lots of little chores around here. I meet the bus this afternoon.

Marshall – you must both be so excited to start this new chapter.

Kay – I’m happy your pots arrived. I like the pouring lip.

Annie – two weeks with nothing to do in bed is enough time to learn a new hobby. Watch YouTube videos and become an expert in something. :lol: I spend hours a day watching videos and there is always something else I want to learn. :thumbsup:

I better get moving and have breakfast. Enjoy your day everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Bill

Good day all,

Sunny and cold.

I slept a lot. Feel good.

Watched a rough debate last night, and I can assure you Bloomberg will not get the nomination.

Annie, I bet it wouldn’t be so boring around there if you’d play your banjo for the nurses. :)

Janet and I like to watch “Escape to the Country.” It’s about couples looking for homes in the UK oountryside. Yesterday they were looking at a place that rented space for caravans. Geoff made so many friends caravanning.

Coffee calling,
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

webLes

Where do. you hold the art class Doug? in a school or rented rooms ?

Dug those foam toppers are too warm for me I had to take mine off the bed .
                        Ellen shame on you watching videos all day get out in the fresh air which will do you more good than sitting in all day watching videos.

Uschi I miss our little get togethers I miss coffee and the snacks you used to make for me while I was waiting for Sylvia having her hair done .

Must go time is a-wasting I have to find out why the computer in the other room isn’t working , there’s always something going wrong somewhere in the condo.

Les

Annie take it like a lady smile be happy .

NancyR , Bernie Sanders sounds good at least he has never deviated in his message throughout his whole career .

I share a room in the community hall with the knitting group Les.

I like watching Escape to the Country Bill, you see some nice places. What I can’t understand is why many of the retirees are looking for a place in the countryside away from facilities. I would be looking for a place in a village.

Doug

Bill

I agree, Doug. At their age they’d be better off just visiting a nice hotel occasionally.

Les, I watch videos during the day too. So much to see and learn on youtube.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

A good Thursday to all….cold with sleet this morning. Moisture will move out and be replaced with a cold north wind….seems like a good day to just stay inside and putter about the studio, work on a couple of pieces for a good friend, listen to some mellow tunes or just read a book.

Only errand this morning is to run “Little Bit” (cat) to get her monthly allergy shot…..one flea bite and the poor thing breaks out in sores and starts losing her fur………

Annie…..patience is not one of my strong qualities…especially when it comes to a hospital stay. As for rehab therapist….I’m convinced they are an evil sadistic race of aliens that take great pleasure in tormenting us. They are the last remnants of a failed galactic invasions eons ago and they all have that same smirking grin as they bend, fold and mutilate our bodies………with great pleasure. Same with strength and conditions coaches……..Not really, it’s just my fantasy instead of slapping them………….Hang in there my friend. This too shall pass…..

Kay…….love me new pots and pans. I have 3 that are my go to utensils all with a “granite coating”. 1 deep dish skillet, 1 omelet size skillet and 1 flat griddle……….other wise, like Doug I rely on the Instant Pot….

Time to run to the vet………Greetings to all here and those to come. May your day, evening or night be blessed. BBL

Be good, do good……
                            Steve.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

Time to take a break from real life. We looked at the movies, and there was nothing to go see. So, I think a trip up north is in the cards to escape to the land of ding-a-lings. Instead of Winstar, I think we are going to head to Choctaw. It is only 60 miles away and a straight shot.

We are finished with the rain, and the sun is shining brightly. We will go vote, and then head up the highway. Of course, we will return with empty pockets.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Hi all, busy day today, been to groceries, now off to dancing, will check in later!

:heart::grouphug::heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                            www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                            "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Good Morning… it’s a gorgeous, cold winter’s day with lots of sunshine and wind right out of the North.

We’ve been to town and back already. Ted’s Dr. appointment went reasonably well if bad news were a good thing. His potassium is up. His creatinine is up. His white blood cells are elevated and his sugar is over the moon. The Dr. has increased both his insulin injections and his Furosemide (lasix diuretic that reduces potassium in the blood). I have to add an additional litre of fluid to his diet.

After his appointment went over-long, we decided to stop by the new Mercato Grocery Store. It is set up like a Market and has several different delis as well as a coffee shop and bakery. I found it to be more expensive than our regular grocery store and there was NO organic section. I won’t be darkening their door anytime soon.

THEN, we stopped by the good and healthy Kentucky Fried Chicken drive through. :lol: Two can dine for $9.99. We brought that food home. There’s way too much to eat in one sitting, so we can enjoy it again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Our House Cleaner was hard at work when we arrived home. She doesn’t do a great job, but even a lick & a promise is helpful. :) My Nutrition Class begins in 5 minutes.

I chatted with my Army Son last evening. Two weeks ago, he fell while playing hockey. He wrapped his arm with a tensor bandage but it never stopped hurting. He finally made a Dr.’s appointment. He broke his elbow. :rolleyes: It was his youngest Daughter’s (our Grandgirl) 17th Birthday as well. She sat with him at the Imaging Department while he waited for x-rays.

Doug, I’m sure your Class was a lot of fun. I wouldn’t move to a more urban centre. That’s been a constant topic of conversation between Ted and I. We haven’t put our house up for sale because we want to live in the county away from all the noise and lights and people. :)

(((Annie))) My heart goes out to you. I couldn’t stay down that long without going stir crazy, either. I hope you’re reading and painting and sleeping and healing. :heart:

Nancy, I think I’m going to buy a topper. My back hurts every morning.

Your getaway looks pretty nice, Marshall. Congratulations to Chris on her last workday!

:wave: Uschi and Ellen!

Bill… the debate… :(

Les, you could still visit without worrying about Sylvia’s hair appointments.

How are you feeling today, Steve? Good luck to Little Bit!

My main skillets are cast iron. I have three of them. And my saucepans and pots are stainless steel with thick heavy copper bottoms.

Gotta go… Class has begun!

Have a great balance of the day! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.