Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art Please help me choose a picture for a collective activity

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gerardo G.

Can you please help me choose one of the following three pictures of origami folds of mine for a photograph collective activity? I must only choose one and I really can’t make up my mind!

Landscape

Being Sumapaz

No name

Which one would you choose, but more importantly why?

Please don’t forget to also give a reason as to why you choose that one over the other two.

Thank you :).

artistjames

Your requirements do not give enough information to make an informed choice. As it is you are just asking for a guess!!!

Gerardo G.

Thank you for your answer artistjames. About the collective activity, I don’t know much I think it’s just a picture gallery, but I don’t have to many details. I must submit just one picture.

Do you need to know something more?

I also wanted to mention that uploading the pictures to the forum altered the colors a bit, especially with Landscape.

I like Landscape best as it is the more realistic, identifiable subject of all three.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Gerardo G.

Thank you very much KreativeK :).

Some more information about the activity, artistjames and other fellow members, it was organized by a Japanese cultural center. All the pictures submitted are of origami folds.

artistjames

Thank you very much KreativeK :).

it was organized by a Japanese cultural center.

Since it was organized by a Japanese group, the most Japanese looking piece to me would be the second one!

Gerardo G.

I didn’t expect that! I made that piece thinking in peasants from Bogotá (Colombia) and the land. I was specially inspired by this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fPkQFbifvM

What relation had you seen between the model and Japan? I’d love to know :).

graphicali

I would choose the first, simply because I like that one the most.

"I am not yet born; provide me, with water to dandle me, grass to grow for me, trees to talk to me, sky to sing to me, birds and a white light in the back of my mind to guide me." From Prayer Before Birth by Louis Macneice.
                                willow33

I like the third one because it is so graphic and bright – and the small fold looks like a horse’s head to me.

CarlyHardy

I choose the second…1. because it’s sculptural and 2. you will stand out from others who only choose things for a wall setting. and 3. it’s more unusual for origami.

Gerardo G.

Thank you very much graphicali, willow33, and CarlyHardy :).

chunbumpark

The first one seems the best in terms of color (which is warm, cohesive and harmonious) and has interesting form

Gerardo G.

Thank you chunbumpark for your help. I wanted to tell you all I submitted Landscape. Thanks to all of your answers I discovered it’s more popular than my other two works.

Thank you again:).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.