Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting 3 small studies

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Dcam

These are about 11×14 on hardboard.
        Acrylic under-painting.
        The first has a black notan under-painting in black acrylic.
        All places near me in NJ.
        Dealing with a lot of green, just before Fall, The leaves are changing very slowly here.

billmahler

Outstanding work, as usual, Derek.
            All are museum quality but the middle one tells a story that resonates eloquently with me.

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
            Winston Churchill.
            http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

Great work! The faded paint, mossy siding is amazing. Love the way you handle leaves, loose and still crisp sure strokes.

It is a joy to go quickly from the dry underpainting to subsequent layers with out worrying about mud?

The black really adds drama to these.

Beautiful work but that seems to be your standard.

Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Freesail

Fantastic work.

Solvent = Leaner Oil = Fatter Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)

All three are fabulous as usual, the masters touch … but I do like the 2nd one the most.

maryinasia

Beautiful

carolkay

I agree absolutely museum quality Derek … your work always tells a story !!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                        slyfox75

Is it wrong of me to stalk the oil painting forum waiting for you to post your latest work? Lol

I admire your paintings greatly Derek. They’re always such a treat.

123harry

Great stuff (as usual!) Classic Dcam compositions, I think.
                                I remember your post on the notan concept. The tree picture shows us what it can achieve.
                                One of the things which strikes me about these is the convincing rendering of the grass! It has volume and a real grassy texture which you don’t so often see in paintings.

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

equinespirit

Wow, all 3 are superb.

🤟🏻

Incredible stuff, Derek! How often do you use the black underpainting when you work? I love all of your paintings, but these have a subtle hint of extra depth to them that I’m particularly fond of.

Paul Moreau
                                        Insta @pmoreau_fine_art
                                        FB @pmoreaufineart

ronsu18

apart from the individual merits, it’s quite an experience seeing them together like this. your light speaks volumes, always. i’m also fond of the second, the composition works wonders, good to study. thank you!

C&C welcome

DMSS

Beautiful as always. Really fine work. One of these days I’d like to see your paintings in person. Where do you show your work?

--David

sound

Wow! All three are good But the second painting deserves a special mention…It is outstanding. The composition is spot on !

Monsur

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.