Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Distance

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pa-paw

As far as I can recollect I have never posted an oil painting on Wetcanvas, so this will be a first. Unfortunately it is not a recent work, as I have not oil painted in 20 years. I’m trying to get focused on working with oils once again, so I guess this is my contribution. This was just a made up painting and I just winged it as I went. Painted on a canvas board 24” x 30”. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
        [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

midwest

Really well done!

Kathie :

wonderful piece. like the depth of course and he richness of color. great composition. your book illustrations are fantastic. always wanted to do a childrens book illustration.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]WHITE BEARD PAINTER :cool:

Cool composition! really nice overall. Thanks for sharing!

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
            Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

equinespirit

thats really nice, you definitely need to start painting again!

pa-paw

wonderful piece. like the depth of course and he richness of color. great composition. your book illustrations are fantastic. always wanted to do a childrens book illustration.

Thank you for the Kudo’s, John. This is a very old painting and was my first attempt to illustrate a vision strictly from my imagination, with no reference material. There are for sure mistakes in this attempt such as the distracting vegetation at the top of the canyon which I most likely added as an afterthought. I get the feeling that your brain and mine function very much alike. Take care. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pa-paw/
                    [FONT=Calibri]Photography and Art Work

Pinguino

Has a certain Dali-esque feel to it. Not distracted by the top vegetation: It wants to be in the picture.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.