WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States
Re: Who are you? I really want to know!!

Mary! Thanks! It's super getting to know you!

Andi, awww, you've had a hard row to hoe...

Glad your art is bringing you joy and we're so glad you love cps, too!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 10:56 AM
PanamaSA

Hails from Canada

Hi, my name is Gwen, Im 46 (47 in July), and a yoga/pilates teacher...hence the nickname - Namaste. I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada but will be relocating to Ontario Canada hopefully early fall late summer. I'm currently leaving the corporate world (law) behind and opening my own yoga and natural health retreat in Ontario. I have a strong background in integrative medicine and holistic practices which I share with many of my students, family and friends...even the canine world. I also do canine massage and Tika (my dog) loves it!

I have a wonderful partner - Greg and he is one of my biggest 'art' fan. He does deep sea and wreck diving. His claim to fame would be diving some of the most famous wrecks and filming documentaries for Discovery Channel and History Channel. We have very strong passions...very different too!

I have a 14yr. American Eskimo Cross female dog named Tika who is my devoted furry friend who spends many hours at my feet while I indulge in painting etc.

At an early age I found drawing and ink and would doodle on everything! Apparently even walls! About 10 yrs. ago I got into watercolor and recently have taken classes in watercolor and other mediums. In the last month, I've completed a few pieces in watercolor, pencil and graphite. I love the social aspect of the class and the inspiration that others provide.

Lately, I'm finding that I just want to draw...but miss the color...so I've incorporated colored pencils and love love it.

I can't remember how I found this forum. I think it was one night drifting along the web...and it must have come up in a search...I love this site and have recommended it to just about everyone I know in the art community. I've learned so much here as a newbie. I don't plan on selling my art but you never say never. I would love to go on an art retreat some day. Maybe do a Yoga Art Therapy Workshop.

I'm looking forward to hanging around as long as this site is up and running. Thanks so much to everyone for helping me along my journey through this great forum of expression...Cheers
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Immortalized

Hails from Germany

Hi everybody ! My real name is Ute which is a female name, and I am from Northern Germany, (hence my nick) -now living in Bavaria, since 6 weeks.

I am 48, divorced, I have 4 children and I live together with my new partner .

I am a teacher for children (not for arts) from 10 to 19. And I have been teaching watercolour, acrlyic and oil painting to grown ups for nearly 10 years.

No, I did not paint as a child I started after my former husband had given me a box of watercolours, a good brush and some paper as well as (he being a teacher, too ) a book "how to paint in watercolour" for Xmas.

Besides these techniques I have been sort of captured by colour pencils and charcoals during the last 5 months, but I do feel terribly new with them though fascinated.
I have been spending much too much of a time on Wetcanvas and I hope I can continue learning such a lot and knowing so many nice people as I did before
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Hi, Gwen! I'd love to see some of your art work, do you have any online?

Ute, welcome! Wetcanvas is addicting!! And so are colored pencils...hope you'll feel free to ask any questions that come up, we are all here to help one another!!
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2008, 12:00 PM
A Local Legend
Southern Illinois

Hails from United States

Well... I've been meaning to post in this, and you'd think it's a pretty simple question to answer! Apparently not.

So, nuts & bolts first: I'm married to a great guy, who's constant faith and support of me can be *incredibly* annoying 'cause when my urge is to hide under the bed, he relentlessly drags me back out. Bless him. And I've got one boy-o, who is 9 going on 90. We have two cats-- Big Kitty, a beautiful calico who is a grand old lady and easily offended & irritated by the other one. Little Kitty is black, with a rusty 3 packs a day meow that sounds like it should come out of a critter 5 times her size (she's only 4 lbs!). I'm in my mid-30's, although I feel (and sometimes act) much younger than the rest of the Mom's I come in contact with. It seems there's a part of my brain that thinks I'm still in my early 20's!

I have a hard time saying "I am an artist" without flinching or acting all weird. What pulled me into art was a fascination with ancient Celtic culture & mythology. I'm still heavily drawn (argh... no pun intended! ) to ancient/graphic forms of art/archeology. Right now, I'm spending an awful lot of time looking at medieval book art/illuminations and mosaics from the middle east (mainly Islamic). I *am* trying to push my boundaries and conquer my fear of realistic subjects. So stay tuned on that...

Lessee... What else... Last year I closed my business (a bookstore). I was lucky enough to get to do my dream-job for a little while. Except now, I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up!

So I guess that's it. Enough about me. Let's hear from some more of y'all!
Rosemary

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM
A Local Legend
Alabama

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! I'm Brenda, 46, and I live in Alabama in the United States. A true southern girl, but I've lived in the northeast for several years before we came home to Alabama. We lived near Pittsburgh, PA for four years and I loved the snow and miss it still.

I have a wonderful husband of 28 years and three boys, 23, 18, and 14. My oldest will celebrate his first anniversary with my wonderful daughter in law next week. I live on a farm in a valley with mountains all around. We have cattle, but we are also professional people. My husband and I run a non-profit business. I draw a lot of inspiration from the beauty that surrounds me in the woods and nature that are at my back door.

I have always been the artistic child in my family. I have sketched since I could hold a pencil but I am not as gifted as many of you are. I AM improving my skills from practicing, watching and learning from the talented people here though. Many years ago I studied oils for a brief period of time, then a few years back I got into acrylics and pastels but now I feel I have found my true love in colored pencils. I LOVE to draw, it makes me sooo happy and to draw with color is just sublimely fun for me. I may never be as professional as most here are, but my art does bring me joy and that is what matters most!

Thanks so much for this wonderful community that welcomes one and all!
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Rosemary, I thought you posted earlier, had to drag ya out, huh?

I love your art, don't know why you have an issue with letting your interest in the ancient guide you. I think as long as artists (and yah, that's what you are!) produce, they are led down interesting paths...and we all have our own!

Bren, I'm so glad you enjoy cps and enjoy being here! We all are here to help one another, I think I speak for everyone in this forum that nobody is ever "all done, with nothing left to learn"!

I, for one, want to be more adventurous in my art, and that is SCARY!!

Hope to see more of you!

Now, who's next?
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
South Georgia

Hails from United States

Hey,

My name is Jan, and I live in South...way south...Georgia, USA. I'm 48, retired from teaching after 25 years, now writing and doing artwork full time.

I got into colored pencil about 10 years ago, put it down for awhile, and now I've picked it up again, trying new techniques like dry brushing and blending Neocolors with cp on pastelboard.

I was active at Wet Canvas a few years ago, under the name reverie, I think. I remember some of you, and I hope some of you remember me!

Nice to be back.
Jan

Last edited by ZB3 : 06-18-2008 at 09:29 PM.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 09:32 PM
PA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB3
Hey,

My name is Jan, and I live in South...way south...Georgia, USA. I'm 48, retired from teaching after 25 years, now writing and doing artwork full time.

Jan

Welcome back, Jan. I'm 46 and will be retiring from teaching in 5 years, after 30. I, too, am working on my retirement career! I won't be unhappy to let all the paperwork behind me (I teach special ed). Hope we get to see some of your work soon.

#40   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Enthusiast
South Georgia

Hails from United States

Hey, Elaine!

Thank you for the welcome! I would love to have made thirty years, but I had to have a break. Maybe I'll go back one day, if I think my nerves can take it. In the meantime, there's cp!

Special Ed...I hear you guys do have a lot of paperwork. I taught history, so there wasn't quite so much. Still enough though!

I'm looking forward to seeing your work, too!

Jan
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Perth West Australia

Hails from Australia

Hi all
My name is Brian, born and raised in Wales, went to South Africa for a visit, stayed 7 years, met my wife & married in 1967( now 41 years) had two children. moved to Western Australia in 73, so here I am 67 years old, retired into art (2years). Have 4 grandkids, 2 daughters,
one wife, one dog, living in the best place on earth, Perth W.A. Now looking forward to the next twenty years learning to paint, and traveling with my Mate .
Taffy
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Enthusiast
South Georgia

Hails from United States

Hi, there, Brian. I'm sorta new, too, even though I've been here before.

Sounds like you've got your life planned out pretty well! I sure hope all goes as you plan! It'll be a nice way to live.

Good to meet you.
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi All,

Been lurking around here for awhile, and really like reading about everyone.
WC is such a wonderful source of information.

I have experimented with acrylics, watercolor, oils, sandblasting, ceramics, china painting, & lampworking. Just started colored pencil, and which I'd started way back when.

Married for 52 years, four children, nine grand children. Retired, self employed most of my life.

Regards,
Donna
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2008, 11:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

Doanna, you are so like me, I try my hand with everything, so far, only cps have REALLY "stuck", although I'm enjoying acrylics and printmaking. Currently. Welcome here!

Brian, glad to see you! Hope to see you and your work 'round here...so there weren't any women in Wales huh? Just kidding, I'm so glad you've been blessed with a wonderful spouse, like I have.

Jan, glad to have you back! I think I recall that name, I'll have to go "look you up".
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2008, 11:45 AM
A WC! Legend
Almost Philadelphia

Hails from United States

I'm wondering if any of this thread got deleted in the recent upgrade? If so, please repost, we'd love to meet you!