WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-18-2017, 07:11 PM

Re: Sketchbook Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmd123
The colors in this are great! And nice work on the clouds. Clouds are tough in cp.

Thank you! But I think the colours used for those lamas are too dark, especially the one in the middle, they look really cute in real!
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2017, 09:48 PM
PA

Hails from United States

A quick drawing in the sketchbook today. I haven't drawn in a very long time. (I've been busy painting.) But you all have been inspiring me, so today I picked up the pencils. And it felt mighty good! This has been on my to-try list for quite some time. My son has hypoplastic left heart, which means he was born with no left ventricle. His heart looks nothing like this, but the anatomy of the heart has been a fascination since he was born 25 years ago.

#48   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-05-2017, 04:24 PM
PA

Hails from United States

A Sunday morning sketch.

#49   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 01:35 AM
Mexico.

Hails from Mexico

Hello, I like your sketch and I think that probably to get a little darker in the deep shadows and a little lighter on the high lights would be good, also a bit more color variations could make it look more vivid, as in the photo. I am delighted with the very good drawing! :-)

#50   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-11-2017, 02:38 AM
Mexico.

Hails from Mexico
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Sketchbook Thread

Hello, I want to share my sketch of today after many many years without doing anything with CP, and then I never did much. Today I got some Derwent Coloursoft, added to some Derwent Drawing CP and some inktense. I feel I needed to do some quick sketch and I feel fine within the circumstances and really eager to keep trying. This time I used a picture of a model and draw on a Mina Gray inexpensive board-paper. I will appreciate comments! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by elyisus : 03-11-2017 at 02:43 AM.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-13-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmd123
A Sunday morning sketch.

This is really impressive, I love the textures you've created towards the base of the tail.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:03 AM
PA

Hails from United States

I love, love the loose pencils strokes!! Very nicely done!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyisus
Hello, I want to share my sketch of today after many many years without doing anything with CP, and then I never did much. Today I got some Derwent Coloursoft, added to some Derwent Drawing CP and some inktense. I feel I needed to do some quick sketch and I feel fine within the circumstances and really eager to keep trying. This time I used a picture of a model and draw on a Mina Gray inexpensive board-paper. I will appreciate comments! Thanks in advance.
Save

#53   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:06 AM
PA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorGaia
This is really impressive, I love the textures you've created towards the base of the tail.

Thanks! I really enjoyed doing him. I want to do a larger one, with a background. #todolist

#54   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-14-2017, 10:13 AM
PA

Hails from United States

I cut this guy out and put him on a background I did with watercolor pencils. He became a baby shower gift for an ocean themed nursery. (Excuse my reflection in the glass. )

Save
Save

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Moscow

Hails from Russian Federation

Happy Easter!
Please help on a scetch stage. Should there be semi-circles, or semi-elipses?

PS: anyone knows, are images from colourpalettes are copywrited or not?

Last edited by amorozova : 04-16-2017 at 02:12 PM.
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-16-2017, 09:31 PM
PA

Hails from United States

The top of your mug needs to be more elliptical. I don't know about the copyright.

#57   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-17-2017, 01:00 AM
Moscow

Hails from Russian Federation

Thank you, Elaine. I'll give it another start.
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-21-2017, 01:13 PM
Minnesota

Hails from United States

As to using a photo without permission, my understanding is you can create practice pieces/art/etc., but you cannot even give those pieces away. Forget about selling them. You will have them hanging on your wall or hiding in your closet for life. Though I do sometimes display them on this site (is this ok?).

Back to sketches. I've done a lot of pencil sketches, but my color efforts felt like I using colored nails with underwhelming results. Happened upon this forum one day and realized it was the cheap pencils I had used. So I borrowed my gf's prismacolor pencils and produced this sketch in a 6x8 sketchbook. From a Heinz-Maier high speed water drop photo. I may be too entrenched in oil painting right now, but now I know I have another tool to play with.

I am a retired drafter. Whenever I would see someone make mistakes in drawing round objects in isometric or perspective view, I would quick draw that little cube with ellipses as a visual aid.

#59   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Veteran Member
Newton, Kansas

Hails from United States

When it comes to using the photography of other photographers (pictures you haven't taken yourself), you should treat it the same way you would copying someone else's art. For learning purposes only. Not for sale, for publication, or advertisement.

It's always best to either take your own reference photos, get reference photos from websites set up for artists to use, or to ask permission first.

By the way, anything you post online anywhere (yes, even here) is considered publishing it. So any images you post here could be seen as an infringement of copyright if the photographer happened to find it.

That's one reason I always seek permission from the photographer first. Most of the time, they're more than willing to give permission.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-29-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon ess
Hi

This thread will be great for me. I'm completely new to drawing and painting so everything I do is a sketch at this stage. I've tried a few different mediums but have decided to stick with pencils for now.
This is my first post outside of the drawing and sketching 101 lessons.

Here's two I'm quite pleased with. Any advice gratefully received.

Can't believe you are new in drawing and painting. Those are so beautiful