WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Carrollton,Ga

Re: Sketchbook Thread

Wonderful work so far! Very inspiring!

Elaine- great idea with the ABC journal! I have the same problem trying to chose a subject. I've been forcing myself lately to pic a photo from the different challenges on WC and go with it. The kitty is super cute! I just posted some pictures of our Loki kitten in the RIL. He's very photogenic.

SkyscraperSunset- thanks for sharing awesome advice and the very cool color reference technique you use fantastic idea and useful for any medium.

Ellis- all your drawings are very nicely done. I especially like the apple. Great job with the hair too! For me it is one of the most difficult things to draw!

Olaf- I'm really looking forward to your finished piece! What ever colors you chose its going to be amazing! I really like the darker wall and all the little tiny details!

hannahlain- your drawings are lovely! I get bored easily and will walk away from a piece never to return again, lol... so now, I go for smaller drawings!

I'll be back to check you guys' progress and maybe have some sketches of my own!
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-06-2016, 09:53 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. Please find some of my drawings in this post. I used color pencils and charcoal.
Attached Images

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Tennessee

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Ammons
I like the fabriano paper best so far. Doodling that apple is all I've done on it. So I can't really say much about it. I was still able to put quite a few layers, not as much as Stonehenge but that's good because you don't have to put so many layers to get a more saturated look.

As for the prisma markers. It works well to get intese color down without using up the paper's tooth. Although fine detail isn't gonna happen.
Those things are intense color saturation. To the point any pencil layered on it has to just about be burnished for it show up. But I've only tried the green ones maybe the others are more translucent.
More toy's to test out.

You might like watching this video:

Video of Sandra Temple

She uses polychromos markers together with with polychromos pencils to create wildlife art.

Susan Nash
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-23-2016, 01:48 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link susan.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Moscow

Hails from Russian Federation

SkyscraperSunset would you be so kind to tell which program has been used to determine colours from bird, and give step-by-step instruction where to look for the tool in it? Thank you in advance.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-14-2016, 10:36 PM
Lord of the Arts
Salisbury, Maryland

Hails from United States

A little something from my "sketchbook" (it is actually an old 2014 day planner) that I did today. Just some flowers that I was sketching outside for a few minutes, brought it in and inked and colored it so I could have a better memory of them.

Looks a bit oversaturated on my phone to me, but iPhone screens are really vivid color so it probably looks fine on most normal monitors. Pretty sure the shapes are all off for these kinds of roses but they would not stay still, kept blowing around in the wind.

Delofasht.deviantart.com
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-29-2016, 08:02 AM

And here are some of mine... Have a nice weekend!

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2016, 08:45 PM
PA

Hails from United States

These are great! I need to get back at it!

Save
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-12-2016, 01:49 PM
Lord of the Arts
Salisbury, Maryland

Hails from United States

Hey everyone, been feeling very inspired lately, so I have been doing tons of drawing and painting, but I haven't been feeling at all social so not been posting much of it.

Here's a bit that I did in colored pencil this morning, it's actually quite tiny, as most stuff in my sketchbook is. It is kind of from a photo. . . as in there are some elements of the general landscape that might be from the photo, but the angle is different and the building is nearly completely imagined.

Black Sharpie | Pen. - fine, and Polychromos in an old day planner made into an excellent little sketchbook (moleskine, so the paper is quite durable and accepts a surprising amount of abuse given it's weight is so light). Dimension are roughly 1 inch by 2 inches.

Delofasht.deviantart.com
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Melbourne

Hails from Australia

Hi all,
I tend to dabble in all mediums and coloured pencil is probably the one I've neglected most. Over the last few months I've been trying to do more sketching with them so I thought I'd post the only two I'm really happy with:

My main problem is that even when I want to go for a more 'sketchy' look, my stupid brain decides it needs to be as realistic as possible. Are there any 'mind tricks' or techniques I can try to get my dumb brain to loosen up a bit or is it something I have to just keep beating my head against the wall over?

(the ladybug was from an image in the reference image library and the cat is my friend's cat, Blu)
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-15-2016, 10:31 PM
PA

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaJFleming
Are there any 'mind tricks' or techniques I can try to get my dumb brain to loosen up a bit or is it something I have to just keep beating my head against the wall over?

You and I can share a wall. I do the same thing. I love your kitty!
Save

Save
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2016, 03:58 PM
Moscow

Hails from Russian Federation

Hi!
I was testing KIN Magic with quick flower scetching on black paper.
They seem to be quite interesting. I'm glad, I've got them in a X-mas pack

---
If it's awful, feel free to dismiss )))
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2016, 06:10 PM
PA

Hails from United States

Nice! Those pencils are cool!

Save
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-14-2017, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaJFleming

My main problem is that even when I want to go for a more 'sketchy' look, my stupid brain decides it needs to be as realistic as possible. Are there any 'mind tricks' or techniques I can try to get my dumb brain to loosen up a bit or is it something I have to just keep beating my head against the wall over?

I had the same problem, actually I wish I could draw as loose as you did there... If you find some tricks please share, I would love to know

A recent drawing from a photo I took during my trip to Atacama desert in last December.

#45   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-15-2017, 12:17 AM
PA

Hails from United States

The colors in this are great! And nice work on the clouds. Clouds are tough in cp.

Save