Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Studio Gouache Corner – Free for All for all your Gouache paintings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 537 total)
  • Author

I have created a new style Gouache Corner and you have free rein to paint whatever subject you wish. I have removed the date limitation.

Let’s see your gouache masterpieces.

Here’s a link to the Gouache Archive.

A Gouache Primer by doppler

Link to a James Gurney Interview with Bobby Chiu

His instagram page.[/URL]

Link to James Gurney Gouache Painting Youtube playlist. (32 videos)

Ed Mostly article on using gouache for plein air sketching[/URL]. Lots of useful links at the end of the article.

How to Paint a Gouache Portrait by Emily Hughes

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

oldrockchick
        M.L. Schaefer

:) Have something planned already (it’s a quite unusual painting, for me!)… Thanks, Doug!

Margarete

When he, the Spirit of truth is come...he will be your Guide... Holy Bible (Old and New Testament)
            Under the Concrete are Flowers Yet to be Born...from a Chilean Poem

rozzi

I made a small 6 x 6 inch pamplet journal from Strathmore Toned paper to try gouache in. Started this week’s ago and it was a disaster, so I fiddled around with it tonight. At least the first page of the journal doesn’t look so bad now :lol:

My images come out huge when posting from my tablet. I don’t know how to resize them since I did an upgrade and things changed.

Comments welcome and critiques greatly appreciated :D
                Ros
                My Blog ***My Flickr Site***Instagram

Yes it sure looks nice Ros

Doug

rozzi

Thanks Doug. I’d like to do experiment some more on this paper.

Ros

M.L. Schaefer

Ros, Hi! It’s so wonderful to see you again!

That toned paper is so wonderful, it gives a wonderful look against those beautiful greens…and the flowers just pop! So pretty, Ros!

Margarete

When he, the Spirit of truth is come...he will be your Guide... Holy Bible (Old and New Testament)

M.L. Schaefer

Ogre, inspired by Mean Green Thing by Luv2Shoot. Gouache on paper, 4.2 x 2.5 inches.

Made my own Black/Grays mix with Turner Fine Gouache and Art Advantage Gouache (dime store, more difficult to rewet than Turner’s :) )

Margarete

Nice mini Margarete.

Doug

M.L. Schaefer

Many thanks, Doug! :) :)

Margarete

Guys, it’s feeling a bit lonely in Gouache Corner! If you’ve run out of ideas, try Forums such as Miniatures and you could use Virginia’s photos, where I got the Ogre inspiration (you don’t have to paint the RIL in miniature if you don’t want to), or any other Forums that have photos available, and, of course the RIL! Get your brushes and paints wet! :)

Here’s and excellent article by James Gurney on Gouache Hazards and how to avoid them. I have added it to the Archive.

Doug

Thanks for that Doug, very useful, and I think I’m going to download his ‘Gouache in the Wild’ video.

Lovely sketch Ros!

Very dramatic ogre Margarete :)

Cheers, Lynn
                                www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

rozzi

That’s a great little mini Margarete, I admire anyone who can paint so small.

Thanks for the link Doug. I’m looking forward to that.

Thanks also peeps for the comments on mine.

Ros

M.L. Schaefer

Doug, thanks for the Gurney link! I was concerned about the acryl gouache mention, since I hope to purchase his new Gouache book. A quick email to Mr. Gurney eased that concern: “I use mostly gouache but I paint one of the demos in acryla gouache. James G.” Amazingly fast response, too! :) :cool:

Lynn, lucky you! Enjoy the download!

Ros, I’m just elated we’ll be seeing more of your work!

Margarete

Contents of Gouache

James Gurney has posted a comprehensive response from manufacturers on the ingredients of their gouache range. Worth reading.

Doug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 537 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.