WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Watercolor > Palette Talk
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 11:20 AM
A WC! Legend
Southern Ontario, Canada

Hails from Canada
Re: ** Daily Wash Saturday 14th July 2018**

Thanks, Doug, I realize I'll have to edit some, but when the upload window presented me with the option of camera or file, I thought I would try. I think I did get something to do that, will check it out. I may not have a laptop back for a while, I am waiting till my son can come with me to the store. Its very frustrating, but at least i have my old laptop which cant go online, but which can acces my external drive so I can work on photos and print if needed.

"Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM
A WC! Legend
In the middle of Michigan's thumb

Hails from United States

Uschi, my two favorite cars were a Corolla and a Civic. Both small cars that served me well. Each had achieved over 200,000 miles when I gave them to charity. And, you will probably buy more cars in your future.

Sylvia, hope the new squirrels don't catch on. That tomato will taste soooo good.

Hi Char, Lynn.

Steve, a fellow teacher turned out to be a slime ball and got 20 years for that. Sorry Lisa has to protect that jerk.
Bill

#33   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 12:36 PM
A WC! Legend
New Canaan Connecticut

Hails from United States

CHAR , I LIKE Artist best !!!!!!! CUTE !!!!!
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT FOR PRINTERS BUT I AM STILL SO CONFUSED .
THE QUEEN did NOT deserve that trial with him. HAPPILY SHE IS TOUGH AND DOES NOT TAKE ANY BUNK!!!!!!!

Hot again today but cool night
feeling iffy today ,
June

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 01:38 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Plano, Texas

Hails from United States

Good afternoon. Hotter than hot out there. No more rain in the forecast for this week, just desert temperatures. Do not know what we will be doing....it will have to be something inside.

Needed something long and skinny for a wall that was different. Gathered up strings, edgings, and lace and came up with this.

I attached it to the wooden seashell that was too small by itself.

Uschi, Congratuations on your new car! You know, I am now spoiled by all the extras that my car has to keep me safe.

Steve, Give Lisa a hug. When I worked in the State Attorneyís Office many, many years ago, I dealt with the murder desk. Not a pleasant task.

Lynn, If you have a iPad, use the app called Image Size. It imports your photo from the photo library, resizes it, and places it back into the photo library. Very easy to use.

Ellen, Happy Anniversary!

to everyone! Off to get dressed for the day.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 03:19 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
West of Toronto in God's country

Hails from Canada

I received a message in the mail an advertisement which is an improved version of the camera the masters used . This is the Camera Lucy it looks quite handy .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...&v=I5CtwXaqHNU

Les
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 03:25 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

I saw the old version Les, and the David Hockney documentary.

Doug
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 04:35 PM
A WC! Legend
Ontario, West of Toronto

Hails from Canada

Good Afternoon!!

It is totally still out there, not a leaf is turning, the humidity is just sitting there, nature is waiting for a storm, it's an eerie feeling. No storm on the radar yet, no sun thank God.

The car dealership was offering $ 200 to squash my little Tercel, one of the youngsters working at Toyota offered me $ 300 and he was sooo excited because it is in such good shape and he can see on the company computer every little thing that has ever been done to it. I always hoped that someone who likes tinkering with cars would buy it or I would have even given it for free.

So I basically signed the contract conditional on passing the Toyota thorough test which will happen on Wednesday morning, then if all is well, on Thursday morning I'll pick up my new car

Now I'll have to sell some bonds and get a bridge loan from the bank so I can pay for it Can't do anything until Monday.

Les, dropped in for coffee, we had a nice chat. That Lucy is a nice little doohickie.

Nancy, you have a very creative mind, it looks really nice!!

Steve, Being a lawyer is really a difficult profession, you don't want an innocent person go to jail but how can you defend someone who is obviously guilty since the proof is in the pudding. Poor Lisa!!!

Char, cute and true

Bill and Les, if this one lasts me as long as the Tercel did (and I expect it to) it will indeed be the last car I'll ever buy.

Sylvia for ripe tomatoes hanging on the plant.

Hi Lynn and June!!

Uschi

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 04:38 PM
A Local Legend
Northeastern Ont

Hails from Canada

We didnít find much at garage sales but went to the farmers market and got fresh eggs, locally made bacon, and 5 lbs of strawberries picked yesterday. Iíll freeze most of them and have some this evening.

Char - I use a plastic liner on my shower and when it starts to show itís age I repurpose it as a table covering for working with my dyes, when the kids come over to use paint or play doh, or repotting plants etc. I get cheap ones at the dollar store.

Lynne - Iíll have to look into a resizing app for my iPad but the easy way is to mail the original to myself. When the image comes back it is usually ok for here.

Uschi - congratulations and I hope it has air conditioning.

I better get ready for supper although Brian is still fiddling in the garage. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

www.ellenspalette.com
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 05:06 PM
A WC! Legend
North Yorkshire (James Herriot territory)

Hails from United Kingdom

Great wedding......red hot day but everything went well...apart from the Trust had locked the main gates when we wanted to leave, so a drive around the 200 acres to find the alternative!

Resizing, I use the one in Doug's site.

Nancy,as always lovely work.

Uschi, good choice.

Bill. No have not sought a quote yet but may ask the manufacturer to look as I want a quote for the studio doors and windows.

Leg.....foot stopped bleeding (on top) and has behaved well today but didn't dance!

geoff
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Enthusiast

Sounds like mother earth is feeling hot. We had 31 C. Now it is 4 oclock in the morning the 15th. I am sitting in my kitchen with my balcony door wide open letting cool 14 C air in to my 28 C apartment. A bit warm even for me. Listening to the birds chirping. Here in northern Europe it is completely light outdoors at this hour. Well it not completely dark in the middle of the night either.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-14-2018, 10:24 PM
Memphis, TN

Hails from United States

Lisa is doing much better today.....she's back to her normal self. She's a division lead and handles everything from murder, assault, rape to parole violations....when she first started, her mentor told her to memorize one simple principle....."your client's facts are not your facts....your job is to give them the best defense possible, make the officers and prosecutors do their jobs the right way and sometimes, more often than not, your best defense is getting them the best possible outcome for their case, which sometimes means jail time....if you get them the best deal, then you've done your job." And that's how she does her job.....she sees things that no human being should have to see sometimes and then they are filed away....

Never got our rain....9:30 pm and still mid to high 80's. Tomorrow is going to be another hot one...................stay hydrated folks.

Until tomorrow....

Steve.