WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Studio Tips and Framing
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-25-2019, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

Bargins

I happened to be in a Ross department store the other day and they had 40"x60 stretched canvas for $19.! I don't normally paint that size but I was tempted to get one and do an abstract (which I also don't normally do). I prefer to paint on hardboard (masonite) but imo, canvas weighing a lot less, would be better at that size. These were gallery wrapped 11lb low profile (5/8"?) that looked to be of decent quality. They also had TWO 34"x40" canvas for $19. And a lot of smaller sizes that were well priced. And other art supplies brushes, etc..

Daiso is an all Japanese $1.50 store - unless marked otherwise. About 90% $1.50 and the "otherwise" stuff is reasonably priced. If you have one near you check it out. Lots of bizarre stuff, all the packaging in Japanese. But I did score a set of 6 nice nylon brushes for $1.50. Also a roll of "kraft" tape ''
1 5/8" by 150 feet for $1.50 which can be used in place of painter's tape that cost many times more. They also had SETS of quality permanent acrylic and oil based markers for $1.50. and lots of cool Japanese stuff I hadn't seen before.

Last edited by theBongolian : 07-25-2019 at 05:38 PM.
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-26-2019, 11:29 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada
Re: Bargins

$19 is a wicked good deal for that size - IF, when you lay it flat on its back on the floor, it doesn't wobble.

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-26-2019, 12:49 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_
$19 is a wicked good deal for that size - IF, when you lay it flat on its back on the floor, it doesn't wobble.

la
did not wobble and the stretcher bars looked of good quality with ample
cross members. I may just go get one and make an abstract.
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2019, 02:04 AM
A WC! Legend
Alberta, where coyotes look both ways before crossing the highway

Hails from Canada

get it while the getting's good

'round here i'd have to pay 90(regular price) for a 36x48

la
Latin, German, Serbian, Bengali, Icelandic, Brazilian, Italian, Filipino, Swedish, Romanian, Lithuanian, Hindi/Urdu, Hungarian, Latvian, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French,Greek,Igbo(Nigeria)