Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk *** Daily Wash Sunday 21st July 2017 ***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Good morning all from sunny West Lancashire:wave:

We will be watching the Open Golf today, what a great day yesterday.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Dry,dull and still…so is weather.

Watched golf on highlights,great stuff.

JJ, the lady who wins the tomato class in our village show every year is a hospital nutritionist…grows great potatoes too!

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good evening everyone, here and lurking. <3 :wave:

Geoff, was the tomato comment meant for me?

Char, I am so sorry you keep having the rain get into your house. You know I feel your frustrations. :grouphug:

Your stackable pans are not steamer pans then? I have not seen stackable pans with solid bottoms. I would like a set of those, make my life even easier :)

[quote=CharM] If making a meatloaf, I would cook the meat about 5 or 6 minutes less the specified time. When the pressure is released, I add the vegetables and potatoes and then finish the cooking time.[/quote]
        I don't quite understand. Do you release the pressure at some stage before the cooking is done?

I have had a lovely day. So nice to meet up with friends at church, and have a natter. It was a beautiful day today too.

I had better decide what is for supper tonight, later gaters :)

JJ
        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

doppler

Good evening all.

Quiet day today except for roger emptying his sinuses from yesterdays hazard reduction burn. :lol:

Went down to Samford for a pizza at lunchtime. I can’t tell you how awful it is driving home with the smell. Not as bad as fish and chips though. That’s another story.

I came home up the goat track, one car wide. Came up behind another car. Cool. Then the other car stopped. A black Mercedes was coming down. Really stupid. The car in front got through. I got through but not before stopping, winding the window down and saying, sir you are one sort of special dickhead.

I think he is a local. :rolleyes:

So a quiet Sunday … I hate going out at the weekends …

Annie
            "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
            Steven Wright
            My Flickr Site

rossmarie

Good morning all

I too will be watching final round of Open from Portrush – if I can stay awake! Steroid treatment has left me feeling groggy. Slept most of yesterday ….. it will pass. Looks like leaders at the golf are going to catch some heavy rain. Exciting finish in prospect ⛳️⛳️

Mike

Good Morning all,
                It is almost 6:00 a.m. on another hot morning. Hopefully tomorrow the temp will be at the seasonal spot it should be, but we have another uncomfortable and dangerous to some people day to contend with today.

We’ll venture out to the grocery store to pick up fresh fruits and veggies (the ones I don’t grow in my garden).

Still going through our slides. We are enjoying revisiting some of the places in them and seeing the kids when they were little, etc. I am finding some that I think might be fun to paint too.

Geoff, bet that lady doesn’t have squirrels to contend with while growing her prize winning tomatoes. :D

Char, hope the rain eases up for a while so your house can dry out.

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

shipbroker

JJ..my middle name is Belladonna.!!…seriously you are not the only one to mention the distrust of the Nightshade family.I know you are ultra careful on what you eat,as are many here,Char studying nutrition sounds fascinating especially with such a busy life.

Today,after veggie Claire leaves for three days in York,I will have my first BBQ since March…..no steak as Eileen doesn’t like beef in that form,probably chicken and sausages and lots of mushrooms.

Weather brighter and breezier now.

Geoff

Food again,when the freezer was raided for BBQ food Eileen found a packet,from years back, of boil in bag kippers…Have just had them for breakfast and so so sweet….wish we had bought more!

:wave: everyone,
                    Mostly cloudy today with a high in low 20s. I’ll be washing the floors this morning. I got the rug cleaned yesterday.

After lunch I have open studio at the art club. I’m going to over-dye some of my scarves that I don’t like and haven’t sold in 2 years. A change might make them look better. The hard part will be deciding on a colour to put on top of what each one already has. They are transparent colours so it’s like watercolour washes. :)

That will about fill my day. I haven’t heard if I have to babysit anytime this coming week. They are at their camper this weekend.

I forgot to tell you, one of the things Matteo insisted on buying at garage sales was material – 4 meters of green flannel with Batman pictures all over. I have to figure out what to make him with it. He requested a bathrobe. At least the description of what he wanted sounded like it. “Make a blanket that goes around me with sleeves and ties up.” :lol:

Char – are you interested in the actual nutrition degree or would you just want the knowledge. They might be willing to let you just audit the course. Then you wouldn’t have to travel to take exams (and have that stress of studying) and it might cost less.

Breakfast next (I’ve already watered plants and done a couple of chores) and then start the floors. Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

www.ellenspalette.com

Uschi

Good Morning!!

For some reason I thought today was Monday and that the heat was gone over night. Opened the windows wide, thought it was funny that the humidity was as bad as ever. Made my coffee, went on the computer and yes, another hot and humid day. Why – weather people promised cold air coming through???? Finally I realized It’s not the cool Monday morning I have been waiting for but Sunday morning:eek: :eek:

O.K. so another hot and muggy day:rolleyes: I will survive:)

Yesterday evening I watched the weather radar and this really long band of thunderstorms was sweeping across almost all of southern Ontario. The wind was scary, we got the rain and obviously it didn’t cool things down one tiny bit.

Char, that must have been the one that brought the water back into your house:eek:

Big excitement in my son’s house today, Ava will pick up her new puppy from the family in Kitchener.

Since it is still hot I won’t be doing much today.

Betty, love reading your stories but a bear:eek: Your SIL is a brave soul.

Not interested in Golf, no fun for me:crying:

Ellen, what a cute description of a housecoat:) Also cute that Matteo would see the material and immediately have a plan for it:)

Char, what Ellen said about the nutrition program and I too was curious.

Geoff, you used to mention eating kippers all the time, had you stopped eating them??? Glad they were still O.K., I don’t know if I would have had the courage to eat them after such a long time.

Annie, why was it O.K. for you to drive up the goat track but it wasn’t O.K. for the Mercedes to drive down the goat track?? I am sure there is a very good reason:)

Mike, :crossfingers: that today is a good day for you!!

:wave: to you JJ, Sylvia and Doug!!

Uschi

Good Morning from the Sauna of SW Ontario. It’s raining and it’s hot. There was supposed to be a cold wave coming through today, but we’re still under a Heat Alert.

There’s laundry to do. Our towels are washing now. With this humidity, washcloths and towels seem to “sour” very quickly because they take a long time to dry out. I won’t be able to hang them out on the line, but they’ll certainly be more pleasant to use and store in the linen cupboard.

I’m shutting down my Tuesday Class. Everyone has stuff going on at one time or another and they’ve collectively decided to take some time off. They’ll be back in September. The Wednesday Class would rather cut off their right arms than stop. :lol:

Some time ago, I found a tin of condensed sweetened coconut milk at the grocery store. I bought it. I didn’t know what to do with it, but it sounded good. Well, since I use sweetened condensed milk in making ice cream, I decided to use the coconut milk. I chopped a little good chocolate and folded it into the mixture. The finished product froze really hard and it needs to be set in the fridge for an hour before I can scoop it to serve… but it is some good. Decadent. We certainly can’t eat it every day. But, oh what a treat. :)

To all basking in the non-stop golf, I think every major channel is carrying it here. It’s rather like watching paint dry. :p

JJ, I plan the cooking times accordingly. If a roast of beef takes 17 minutes and potatoes and carrots take 5 minutes, then I set the roast to cook for 12 minutes. After the pressure is released, I put the potatoes and carrots in the pot, set it for 5 minutes. Then, I allow a 10 minute natural pressure release, thicken the gravy after removing all the ingredients and serve.

Annie, as retirees, we have the option of going out any day. Every day is Saturday, eh? But… we live in our routines engraved in our frontal cortex’s. :lol:

Sylvia, Ted’s Sister finally went through all their photos (not slides) and separated them into three piles for each of their Girls. Then, she organized them into Albums and gifted them. The Girls were thrilled. I need to do that with all our photos.

Your challenge may be even greater because you must convert your slides to something else if you plan to share them. :eek:

I also have thousands of digital photos that need to be copied onto thumb drives. I’m sure not printing them out.

Geoff, I know that tomatoes are not a good choice for me since my body is full of arthritis. But, I do love them. And we consume a lot of them. My pain is my fault. :lol:

We used to believe that mushrooms offered no value to our meals except flavour. They’re filled with all kinds of good minerals and a good source of Vitamin D which is good for kidney function!

Ellen, you’ve exhausted me already! :lol: Precious Matteo… I loved his description of what he wants. He’ll love the bathrobe, I’m sure.

I want the degree. I didn’t completely finish my Business Degree and have regretted that all these years. I have what’s called an “Associate’s Degree” but that just didn’t seem finished. So, it’s personal, yes. The money I saved out of my Teaching will help with the tuition. I’m ok with that too. :)

Uschi, what I said to Ellen… ^^^ A new puppy is so much fun and so much work! We definitely got caught up in that line of storms. And then again this morning. We’re squishy.

I’ve had my coffee and now need to get showered and dressed. Then I’ll get the next load of laundry agitating. Wishing everyone a good day. :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

shipbroker

Kippers…used to buy them from the smokehouses but have not been to coast recently.

Getting warm now,forecast for week is very hot,well our sort of hot.

Geoff

New Gamboge

Good morning everyone – Super turkey and her babies made it home to roost in their favourite spot – amongs the grape leaves on top of the fence – none the worse for wear. Yes, Char, after the fact it was funny – good thing for all of us the bear took off, but I’m sure it will be back as it was eating crabapples – that is, unless the elk come back and finish off the crabapples!

Ellen, Brian’s family lives in a beautiful part of the Island. I love the housecoat description!.

We have picked over 100 pounds of blueberries, and more are ripening every day.

Hope all the storms miss everyone. Betty

Char, I bought a slide copier and scanned all my slides and photos, 1000 per SD card then uploaded them to the PC and copied them to an external disk. I then let Google photos make a copy in the cloud. I made albums on Google photos and shared them with David and Peter.

Well, it has been a reasonable day, we have watched the Tour de France and are now catching up with the Open Golf. Games like golf and cricket are competitive and it is that that makes them watchable.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

juneto

HELLO ,
                                    With my New RED glass feeder, I now have eeny tiny Baby Humming birds coming . I am so thrilled . It does not take much to thrill me these days .:lol:
                                    I am very congested and having trouble breathing with this heat, but there is a slight breeze and a smaller heat index today . I took a lot of Oxygen this morning and feel better
                                    I dread Ann ‘s trip back into New York , but she is very brave. I hope all the Trains and Subways work .There have been many disasters this week , flooding and stoppage in the middle of the trip with AC off , Grim .
                                    She has decided to visit John at Bay Pines V A Hospital in Florida next week end. She wants to see first hand what is going on , as he is so secretive .He knows it is all coming down on him since he would never take his Insulin.
                                    I am painting again , pretty worthless…… but I am happy doing it again . 6 years is a ong time to start over again .
                                    Keep cool , eat Watermelon , stay inside,
                                    june:wave: :wave: :wave:

Follow your Bliss and the Universe will open doors for you , where there were only walls. Joseph Campbell

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/

shipbroker

Great finish to golf…well done Ireland.

Geoff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.