Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Lorelei from AMDE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    123harry

Another plug for the All Media weekly drawing event. They post a set of possible refs and you choose one (or more) and spend nominally two hours on it. That’s exactly how long I spent on this tonal study using a graphite block and an eraser.

It’s a great way of keeping your drawing (painting, whatever) hand moving and is a lot of fun. Images are posted on Fridays. Give it a try!

Previously cross posted in the Drawing forum but the response you get there is in general minimal.

C&C always welcome.
        Instagram harry.hamill

i like the photographic look of this, reminds me a bit of Zorn’s etchings

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

‘Another Plug’ I couldn’t find reference to your ‘first plug’ Harry, so I had a little search and discovered the AMDE Forum… nice tonal study!

Mac

Constance

Love it! where is this forum located?

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Good stuff Harry. I used to participate in the AMDE a long while ago, maybe I should look in again.

Nathan.
            C&C always appreciated.
            My art on Instagram

123harry

Thanks for commenting folks, much appreciated.

Constance I should have given the full name of the forum: All Media Art Events. So I should have written AMAE! Sorry! Find it in the ‘channels’ selection box near the top of the page.

Mac on reflection I think I have previously plugged it in the Drawing and Landscspe forums rather than here in Figure.

Clearly me auld memory’s not what it was…..

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

Constance

Thanks for commenting folks, much appreciated.

[B]Constance[/B] I should have given the full name of the forum[B]: All Media Art Events[/B]. So I should have written AMAE! Sorry! Find it in the ‘channels’ selection box near the top of the page.

[B]Mac[/B] on reflection I think I have previously plugged it in the Drawing and Landscspe forums rather than here in Figure.

Clearly me auld memory’s not what it was…..

Thanks Harry, I’ve checked that out a bit….interesting…maybe I’ll try one someday…

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

Very nicely done, Harry!

bethany
                    moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                    website www.bethanyart.com
                    My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

ArtistOz

Has a postcard feel to it. You just blocked it in no using lines instead going with the restrictions of the graphite block itself?

Bill,
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                        Instagram, billwperry

123harry

Using the graphite block I usually make a very rough outline sketch with the point such as it is then then start working up the tone. Where you have a very pronounced edge in the image it’s usually better to use an edge of the block to get the required sharpness and darkness.

C&C always welcome.
                            Instagram harry.hamill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.