Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ July 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ocmd123

I guess everyone is having a busy July! I thought my July was going to be kind of quiet, but the calendar is filling up quickly! Busy is good. I’m trying to squeeze in as much painting time as I can. I’ve been squeezing in sketching with CPs when I can’t manage studio time. Oh, and I just started one of two crocheted throws for gifts. Wool. Not the best choice for a summer project. :lol::rolleyes: What’s everyone else up to?

(Remember- ANYONE can start the OTL thread! :cat:)

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
        Instagram

Save

frida

Hi! I hope you all US people had a good 4th of July… We celebrated Canada Day on July 1st.

I just found a JD Hillberry video. He is a WC member, and very well known graphite artist. He is recommending drawing papers, has some entertaining parts in it, and advice that anyone working on paper can use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKU8oG4zVMA

We just had the longest heat wave here, and when we were thinking it was coming to an end, the temperature will be going up again above 30 C in a couple of days. About 33 people have died in Quebec due to the heat…

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

frida

Going up to 32 C tomorrow, and the count now is 59 people dead in Quebec, mainly older ones, people with bad health, and low income not affording A/C…

I have a small one in my bedroom/studio, and 3 turbo fans spread throughout. My husband is on blood thinners, so he is not bothered by the high temps…!

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Pingpongfan

I have escaped the heat for two weeks. Hope it is over when we get back. We are on an island near Nanaimo. Beautiful scenery out here In British Columbia.
                    Vena

ManedWolf

Grmph. Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin meet in Helsinki and day temperatures float at about 30° C / 85° F as all over Europe. About 15° C / 60° F with frequent showers would be Much More Traditional Vacation Weather with the added benefit of strengthening the myth that Finland is somewhere between Siberia and North Pole and mainly populated by polar bears and reindeer.

Heikki

RWSewell

Looking forward to a vacation at Niagra Falls next week. Been a long while since I’ve visited Ontario. I’m hoping the time away will jumpstart my creative juices and I can move on from this slump. My osprey paper sculpture that I started back in March is gathering dust and my drawing table is used more for folded laundry than colored pencils.

:) Rob

Harmony24

Oh, man… Getting my hair done, Taekwondo, friends coming over in a sudden rush… And waiting for Fusion (christian youth conference) to come around.

"As artists, it is our job to show people the world from a different set of eyes." C&C's always welcome!

Robin

Did I mention I have a new puppy?

3 months old, he’s a boxer (our beloved Sarge died in May), a bundle of energy and seems to have the teeth of a shark! Loves his walks, ice cream and his bed, lol. He gets exasperated with us if we don’t go to bed by 9:30, shoots us a dirty look and walks up the steps to the bedroom by himself. He’s a real character.

Robin

ManedWolf

The heat wave goes on, day temperatures hover at about 30° C / 85° F and have even caused deaths – that’s unusual in the Nordic countries. This is very probably the longest recorded hot season Finland has ever experienced.

Heikki

frida

According to the news, we have had the longest hot season as well… Today the temperature is below 30 C (25 right now, and feeling like 29 with the Humidex), but opening the windows is a pleasure!!!

Sorry about your “slump” Rob! :( I am slowly pushing myself to sketch a bit, and get started with a piece to enter in an online exhibition. Tick… Tick… Tick… I have a deadline!!! :eek:

Raquel from Toronto, CDA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.